“History and terroir by the glass”
Review of Bistro Sixteen82

Bistro Sixteen82
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: R 126 - R 323
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Named after the year in which Steenberg was established, Bistro Sixteen82 first opened its doors in 2009, and has been the tapas and bistro-style darling of the dining world ever since. An innovative and interactive wine and food destination, the Bistro sits adjacent to Steenberg’s winery, and spills into its surrounding indigenous gardens with a terraced dining area leading to reflective water features, unfurling into views of the magnificent stone mountains and expansive winelands. The Bistro Sixteen82 menu is a constant evolution, keeping up with seasonal produce and featuring inventive dishes that compliment the finest locally sourced ingredients. With Breakfast, Lunch and late-afternoon Tapas menus to choose from, the Bistro provides fine dining with an inimitable contemporary spirit. Executive Chef, Kerry Kilpin, love to create food which is seasonal, flavourful and bursts with freshness. "My greatest inspirations are derived from significant occasions in my life. On my travels to Thailand I developed a love and passion for Asian food. From shopping at the local food markets to creating my first authentic Thai dish, I was in heaven. You will notice a common thread in what I do and who I am. Love. I cook with love and my food is love." Internationally, Bistro Sixteen82 has been recognised in the list of 20 of the World’s Best Winery Restaurants by Canada’s renowned Wine Access magazine. Locally, listings included prominent mentions in Fleur du Cap’s Top 100 Places; Eat in Cape Town; and EAT OUT’s Best Bistros list.
Reviewed 23 August 2021

We decided to have a wine tasting of the Steenberg Flagship Range. The lady presenting our tasting had an incredible knowledge of the farm and local history. This complemented her knowledge of the wines, both those from the estate and others from the region excellently. If possible, ask for Chanel to guide you through your Steenberg experience!

Date of visit: August 2021
Kerry K, Chef at Bistro Sixteen82, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Dear Randall

Thank you for taking the time to review our tasting room, I can assure you I will pass on your complements. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed what Steenberg has to offer. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviews (1 134)

58 - 62 of 1 134 reviews

Reviewed 18 May 2021

I had an amazing experience here and I would like to pass a special thanks to the very professional, Akohna, Matteo and Elaine that served us. They were all knowledgable, friendly and attentive. The food was expertly prepared, everything had a phenomenal taste. I can honestly say that my afternoon was not just a fun meal with friends but an experience which everyone should try at least once in their life.

Date of visit: May 2021
Kerry K, Chef at Bistro Sixteen82, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2021

Dear Tatenda M
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and your delightful compliments on our food and service. I can assure you we will pass on your wonderful complements to Akhona, Elaine and Matteo.

Reviewed 19 March 2021

Extremely delicious food, modern style, the sauces are unbeatable, good wine selection, perfect service.

1  Thank Josef S
Kerry K, Chef at Bistro Sixteen82, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Dear Josef S
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant and your delightful compliments on our food and service. We strive at Bistro 1682 to make your experience as memorable as possible and look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed 15 March 2021

The perfect spot for a get together with friends, with plenty of space between tables, and the most spectacular outdoor seating area for those summer days.
The menu had great variety and all dietary requirements were handled with ease.
The staff are always so well presented, knowledgeable and friendly, every time I go there.
Definitely is my go to place in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town!

Date of visit: March 2021
Kerry K, Chef at Bistro Sixteen82, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2021

Dear Heather
Thank you for taking the time to review Bistro 1682. We are so please to hear you had a wonderful dining experience. I am thrilled to hear you love our menu! Reviews like yours are so encouraging, thank you so much taking the time to be so kind.

Kind regards
Kerry Kilpin

Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

I visited Bistro 1682 for breakfast with friends to celebrate my birthday. Everything from the coffee to complimentary honey brioche was perfect. Service was great and I felt really special when the kitchen sent complimentary chocolate truffles to acknowledge my birthday celebration. Always a special place for a birthday or just a perfect meal.

Date of visit: March 2021
Kerry K, Chef at Bistro Sixteen82, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Dear Quicksilver
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebration and overall Bistro 1682 experience.
Kind regards