“A culinary experience ”

Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A state of the art dining room and cutting-edge kitchen sets the scene at Greenhouse, where produce of the Constantia Valley and the region are presented as culinary creations in an intimate taste space. Here guests are invited on a multi-sensory journey of distinctly South African flavours and hospitality, as they savour and indulge in the delectable creations of Peter Tempelhoff and his team. Greenhouse stretches the boundaries of traditional South African cuisine, brings conceptual creations from the garden, veld and sea to the plate and shares local stories and culinary insights through the dining experience. Expect the unexpected... Greenhouse is where meals translate to memories.
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our expectations were high and the Greenhouse exceeded our expectations.

The unique approach to each of the 7 courses each paired perfectly with local wines , was truly spectacular.

This could be one of the best fine dinning experiences that I have had.

Staff are friendly and attentive

I will be back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I wish I could give this place a 10/5. Everything was perfect. From the time we walked through the doors we were greeted, walked to our table and sat in the courtyard section and it was so beautiful. There were 9 courses, you could see they put so much detail and attention to every single dish they do. I absolutely enjoyed every single bite. I would say that this was the best restaurant I’ve ever been to! Highly recommend BUT you do have to book months in advance!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

This is one of the top South African restaurants and the food was exquisite. Thoroughly enjoyed the creative process. The area is a bit far, the ambiance is stylish but cold .. and very quiet. For an uplifting dinner I wouldn’t recommend this. Service was good though at times too much in your face. Especially if you want to spend a romantic dinner with your other half.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

The most inventive, thoughtful and delicious tasting menu showcasing the delights of South African specialist ingredients and producers. Impeccable presentation, wonderful flavour combinations and a charming chef. You MUST visit if you can get in!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at the Test Kitchen as well as the Greenhouse on different trips to Cape Town.
I can say both where unique dining experience.
The Test Kitchen was a far more interesting and intricate dining experience, but considered the difference in cost as well as the difficulty of getting reservations at the Test kitchen I would definitely eat at the Greenhouse, the food was excellent and the service impeccable.
I consider the Greenhouse a better value, but if you can go to both do so.

1  Thank Chuck K