“Great sushi”

Sushi Box Constantia
Ranked #33 of 48 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: Sushi Box Constantia is the newest addition to the Sushi Box family. Situated in the Heritage Market at Constantia Uitsig Wine Estate, it joins an exclusive selection of artisanal craft producers including an ice cream shop and a craft brewery.
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We visited the Sushi Box for a lunch. No booking are taken. Website said 'bring your own wine' as they are not yet licensed. But we were told we were not allowed to drink our wine. We had to purchase from the wine outlet there. Sushi was excellent. The place is still new and a bit 'raw' but once gardens and fountain is done, it should look a lot better.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Saw myself dropping in for a light lunch on my birthday. Since it was a weekday the place was nice and quiet which gave us the opportunity to chat with the really friendly staff. Truth be told, I do prefer eateries that aren't too crowded. It makes for a much more relaxed atmosphere where you can really appreciate the food rather than feeling rushed to eat, pay and leave. Once again, as with the other establishments i've reviewed at the heritage market at constantia uitsig, sushibox also occupies a renovated old farm cottage. These buildings are a treat in itself. High thatched roofs with thick wooden beams and a clean interior.
We couldn't be too adventurous with ordering since I had my 8 year old daughter/manager with me so stuck with the standard fare.
Salmon california roll and prawn california rolls... Both perfect.
Tempura prawn and avo roll... Perfect
And then came the salmon tacos. These were the standout for me. Little mini tacos filled with diced salmon and some other magic bits.
Not forgetting, they also stock toni glass iced tea. As far as i'm concerned, the best tasting iced tea available and all the more better on a scorcher of a summers day while soaking up the view of the vineyard and mountains.
Good on you sushibox, i'll be back real soon.