“Amazing value for money ”

Foxcroft Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Constantia
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Eat Out San Pellegrino Chef of the Year Scot Kirton together with highly acclaimed La Colombe pastry chef Glen Williams to open an exciting new restaurant and bakery at the High Constantia Centre.
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Constantia for 4 nights at our second visit in S.Africa. After a very culinary first visit we struggled to find places that we haven’t been before that offer that fine dining experience. Foxcroft was certainly the right choice. Refined tastes worthy of Michelin star and beautiful presentation. We went for the tuna tataki which was the highlight of the evening and were very lucky to accidentally pair it with the most amazing light wooded Chardonnay from the Constantia Uitsig winery which is literally around the corner from the restaurant. The gamefish of the day and the cheese desert were also delicious. A 4 course menu and a bottle of wine will set you back about half the price for this quality of food and wine anywhere else in S.Africa and less than 1/3 from anything near it in London. Well done to the crew.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I don‘t give bad reviews easily, but Foxcroft was unfortunately a really disappointing end of a culinary three week holiday in South Africa. After having eaten at some really fantastic joints throughout our journey - fancy one‘s like Beau Constantia, Pot Luck Club, Chef‘s Warehouse @ Maison or Delaire Graff Estate, but also down to earth stuff like Harbour House, the Fat Butcher or the Three Fig Restaurant in Sabie - we think we‘ve got quite a good overview of what you get and what you pay for in ZA. Tastewise Foxcroft was not only the blandest, but also very poorly cooked food in all of ZA. I had loin of Imapala as my main and one of the two slices was so tough and chewy that I even couldn‘t cut or eat it - something you really wouldn‘t expect at a place like this. Although not eating half of my main, service didn‘t bother to ask if everything was OK or I enjoyed my dish, which indicates that management is absent at Foxcroft. This leads me to the (open) kitchen staff, which seemed surpisingly unbusy for a full restaurant and even texting messages between preparing - maybe because of the uninspiring dishes? Some other lows of the menu included a pickled pear that tasted like pure vinegar, killing all other flavors of the dish, cold cuts tasting like cardboard and shampoo-inspired ice cream. On the plus side, dishes were nicely presented and good to take pictures of - which is unfortunately not enough for this price range and the aspiration of the restaurant. Summed up: Avoid this place, there are so many other great options in the region.

2  Thank yiddl
Reviewed 8 January 2018

My family invited me for my (belated) birthday diner and we went to Foxcroft and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The service was great and it was fun to watch the kitchen in action. On the recommendation of our waiter we shared the tapas starters (and the main courses). Everything was great with subtle flavours. My only criticism was the winelist, it is very expensive for a wine producing area.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful afternoon with a group of friends. The food was bite size but tasty. One of us ordered the mushroom cannelloni as main course but it was minute so wouldn’t recommend that option
Lovely food and ambience with great wine selection
The waiter was extremely professional and knowledgeable on each plate which was great

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Culinary delight! Super excellent service! Fantastic wine selection! Relaxed atmosphere. Best for adults and ok to come with kids.
Just try it! Worth it!