“Worth every penny!”

La Colombe
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: La Colombe, one of Cape Town's most well-loved and awarded restaurants. Contemporary French-meets-Asian fine dining.
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This place is a MUST if you’re in the cape! Make sure to make a reservation well in advanced and go with the wine pairing. They’ve done an amazing job with the pairing so I highly recommend it. We went for the reduced menu with 5 courses because we had a big lunch otherwise I would be game for the full menu :)

Simply exquisite! Don’t miss this!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 674)

76 - 80 of 2 675 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We did the tasting menu and was blown away. Each of us could choose from a few amazing options for each course. Flavors and textures just exploded with each bite. I was almost wanting to lick the bowls clean it was that good. I cannot wait to go there again to do it all again. The ambiance is great. A real romantic little spot

1  Thank Cornelius J
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely ambience, well trained staff and of course cuisine for a king.
This is where you go when you want to experience fine dining at its best
Dress up nicely, Order the bubbly, save up, eat to savor with your eyes and pallet. It deserves all its awards and I'm sure more to come.

1  Thank Leo111213
Reviewed 9 July 2018

While visiting Constantia, if you can snag a table, this restaurant is a must for foodies. Each dish had impeccable balance, flavor, refinement and creativity. No wonder this restaurant is on many "top" lists and recognized globally. The highlight of the meal, aside from the beautifully created dishes, is the wine list. We had some of the glasses of the trip at the restaurant. Truly a gem!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I have been itching to visit La Colombe for quite some time now, and being Cape Townian of course it was always being brought up in conversation.

Finally the occasion arose, and it was well worth the wait!

The hostess is lovely and a friendly face to be greeted with upon arrival. The rest of the staff are just as warm and friendly, which really made the evening that much more enjoyable. What was great, was each moment it was cross my mind to perhaps top up the glasses with more wine, and to intersect my thought the waiter would arrive out of thin air with the bottle in hand - as if he read my mind!

The evening was full of laughs, around our table at least, and we never really felt out of place (despite there maybe being a bit of a stark feeling about this place). The waiters would laugh along, yet kept professional and all in all it was awesome service throughout the evening.

The food: where do I start... everything seemed to have its own story. As if the Chef was letting us into his very own creative mind... Fascinating to see what the human brain can come up with when creativity flows through food! My favourite part was the dry ice, and the "dinosaur eggs" ... such a small, intricate dish but know that I will remember it forever.

Coming here is like going to dinner and a show. Some might think overly priced, but you are also coming for the overall experience - not only the food. Bravo La Colombe, bravo!

2  Thank JanineLiane