“Third time on New Years”
Review of La Colombe

La Colombe
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: La Colombe, one of Cape Town's most well-loved and awarded restaurants. Contemporary French-meets-Asian fine dining.
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Oh, I just cannot stop visiting La Colombe on New Year’s eve. First time was at a different location, and the last two visits in Constantia. (Goes without saying, we also had reservations at La Petite Colombe a few days later, another review ).

I have loved each moment of my visits to La Colombe. Reservation (thank you so much for the perfect communication from a to b), upon arrival, the greeting is so cordially (which is a huge effort mind the quantity of guests getting served at the same time on New Year’s Eve), the seating was perfect (despite the rain this year), the waiter/waitress and sommelier so friendly and really take time, which makes you feel special. Even after the visit having lost the menu I really wanted to keep, they make the effort to keep you happy, sending it via mail.

I am looking forward to a fourth visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 610)

115 - 119 of 2 611 reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Visited in February with friends. We had the full tasting menu with wine pairing. Great atmosphere for a fine dining restaurant - relaxed and buzzy but with flawless service. Food was outstanding - a memorable meal and one that I’ll remember forever. So innovative and creative.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Having been here two years ago and absolutely loving it, it was a gamble to return but it paid off!

They’ve upped their game yet further and this is quite possibly the best restaurant we’ve been too, a list than includes some of the “best”.

The service is friendly and atmosphere lovely.

It’s expensive by SA standards but cheap by England prices.

My only gripe is that service is included. I just hope the amazing staff actually get this.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Service, foood, ambience flawless, wonderfully relaxed atmosphere in elegant surroundings and our wonderful wine maker friend got us the best table in the house!!
Don’t be in a hurry it is a gastronomic experience not to be missed as every dish has to be savoured to the full. By far the best South Africa has to offer!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Theatre of food......I was smitten at the little walled garden, with our palate cleansers, every dish from then on just blew our minds!
We had the full tasting menu and have had the privilege to dine in some excellent restaurants in many countries. La Colombe is in a league of its own and the setting is stunning.