“Most beautiful city in the world”
Review of Cape Town Central

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
London
7 helpful votes
“Most beautiful city in the world”
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I have traveled all over the world and have to say that Cape Town is the most beautiful of anywhere I have ever been. The locals are friendly, wonderful and all very attractive. It has gorgeous mountains, beaches and wine farms....the wine farms make Napa Valley look bad. I recommend Spier as one of the best farms...they have a great restaurant with tree houses and African dancers. The Cape Town restaurants are very good and basically very inexpensive for western standards and is extremely easy to get around everywhere. Only thing that was a slight negative was that the water was too cold for swimming, although you can go to the beaches and lay out (gorgeous turquoise water) and lots of beautiful people there. As with anywhere in Africa, one has to be a little careful, although I have been there many times (knock on wood) and never had anything bad happen. Can't wait to go there again for the world cup :)

7 Thank sb11
uk
6 helpful votes
“Cape town & Gerden Route”
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Have recently returned from a wonderful holiday in south africa. It was our first time in SA and were slightly concerned about crime etc but like most people who have posted reviews as long as you are sensible like most major cities in the world you will have a great time. I would like to say thanks to cape diva and belfast whose threads i consulted.

I stayed in the protea holtel in bantry bay which was very nice and easy to get local buses or taxis into the city / waterfront.
A couple of things near hotel, a local pub called Brian's - very friendly and welcoming especially Clive one of the Barman.

We did try a meal in saul's ( disappointing ) but further up the road is a italian Restaurant (only opened 2 months) called cafe nostra 66 regents street.
I throughly recommend it, great food, service. .......... Cape diva i believe you live local to this one .... check it out.

we did all the touristy stuff and ate in a lovely restaurant on the waterfront called Den Ankers.

We moved on from Cape Town to Hermanus - lovely seaside town and did see whales from the shore. We Stayed in Swellendam, very quaint ... well worth a visit and stayed in the Hideaway accomadation ... a gem of a find .... if you are looking for someware to stay I would highly reccomended it.

We moved on to Plettenburg Bay and stayed 3 nights at lairds country estate, another great find , with wonderful staff and service. If you are around this area, visit birds of eden, the cheetah park and monkey land. Further down the cosat is Storms river which - when i come back again - I would definitely stayed a couple of days around.

we moved on then to Kariega Game Reserve which again I would highly reccomend but would suggest bringing warm clothes, hats & gloves for your game drives. We were well looked after by Brendan our ranger

On the way back to Cape town we stayed just outside Plett Bay at a gorrgeous place called Hog Hollow with monkeys on the veranda in the morning.

We had another night in swellendham at the hideaway ( hopfully will be back there also) and our final night was spent in Stellenbosch at the manor River Spa (another great find )

So for those of you who are thinking of doing a trip to South Africa do yourselves a favour and book it ( only don't tell too many of your friends .......)

1 Thank MickeyJoeUk
Centurion, South Africa
19 helpful votes
“Cape Town ready for Summer 2009”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

As a born South African and as someone who has traveled all of Africa at numerous occasions, I need to say that Cape Town is still one of the best tourist destinations in the World today!

With summer 2009 already here in South Africa, all of Cape Town is 100% ready to attract tourists from all over the world. Cape Town offers the best hotels at the best affordable prices and the tourist attractions are too numerous to mention.

Various websites are available!!

So, do make Cape Town one of your travel destination this summer of 2009/10. Our summer last at least until May 2010. Contact me if you need to know more.

Je parle Francais aussi.

Pieter

Flint, Michigan
1 helpful vote
“Beautiful City”
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I just returned from Capetown August 28, 2009. The city is beautiful and so are the people. I traveled alone/ senior lady and had no problems. The scenery is beautiful. Spend at least one day taking the sight seeing bus. The food is good and shopping is just great.

1 Thank shay59
uk
1 helpful vote
“99 humewood drive villa guest house cape town”
Reviewed 12 September 2009

hi all i had the most unpleasant stay at the 99 humewood villa guesthouse parklands in cape town. i paid upfront and am sorry i did. firstly the rooms are very small and dirty! the people running it are very unfriendly indeed and make you feel very unwelcome. it seems to me it is treated more like a family home than a professional guesthouse.
when i asked for a vegetarian dinner they couldnt accommodate me.
when i asked for extra towels the same day they said they were unavailable.
i saw a page of paper with lots of . card details just laying around in full view of everybody. what kind of service is this, its leaving its customers open to fraud. when i mentioned this to a worker they simple said ohh sorry, the receptionist must have left it there.

also i found that although it is located in a nice looking area, it offers nothing to the traveller or tourist. you would need a car to get anywhere. the only view is out onto a field in front of you, is very far from the sea and beach and not in walking distance really to any local shops or restaurants.

basically if you dont have a car, you are stranded !!!

there was even no laundry service, like come on!

im back in the uk now and glad to be!!! and one thing is for sure i will never return to this guest house, no way!!!!!!. next time i will do my research properly and find out more information before i pick my guest house.

has anyone else had any problems or unhappiness with this humewood villa guest house ???

1 Thank uktrevoruk

Been to Cape Town Central? Share your experiences!