“Best sushi value in town”
Review of Andy's Sushi Bar

Andy's Sushi Bar
Ranked #551 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I only ordered take away from them, but it was exactly how i was told: amazing! I heard it's owned by the ex sushi chef at willoughby's, and honestly i liked this one even better. The roles are slightly smaller than willoughbys which i actually prefer. And the price is a fraction. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I stopped here on a whim during a windy walk on Saturday night. It was 6PM and I was the sole diner. I ordered a vegetable spring roll (hot n spicy) and a platter of tuna and salmon sashimi. A full glass of chenin Blanc was served with the meal. All very satisfying and inexpensive. (R210 with tip.)

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Its cheap but the stoggy sushi rice was a let down. Sat outside but its next to a halaal coffee shop where guys smoke profusely. Wine was great and well priced. Service was attentive. The only dish we enjoyed as it had no rice was salmon with delicious Asian dressing. Not a place we would return to unfortunately.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This little sushi place located on a sidewalk in Sea Point is a gem in the rough. The owner is the former Chef at Willoughby's and he brings all those skills to his restaurant. Focused mostly on sushi (in the broad sense) the food is outstanding, well presented and interesting.

We had the Hot Rock and Rainbow Nation combos washed down with a tasty house chenin blanc and were very satisfied with the meal. Judging by the large numbers of other diners and take outs, this is a place that is deserved of its reputation.

Nice idea to sit outside and watch the hustle and bustle. Not expensive for the value

Reviewed 30 May 2017

When walk Andy's sushi bar one would never think that this restaurant would be any good. The decor of the place looks dingy or appetizing. One should never judge a book by its cover so me and my brother decided to drop by there for some lunch. I admit that I was surprised. The sushi that was served was goo quality with the taste to boost. What surprises me even more is that in comparison with other restaurant the price is fairly moderate especially for the quality we received. The service provided was efficient although not to warm though. Definitely a place to visit if you want quality sushi at a moderate price.