“A real gem on the busy Bree Strip foodie strip”
Review of Smak

Smak
Ranked #176 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 16 August 2016

My friend and I enjoyed a delicious breakfast this morning. Just love this spot! Friendly service, great vibe and decor and yummy food - what more can one ask for? Sorry, no pics as we just dived right in when our food arrived ;-) I wasn't too hungry so I ordered the "smashed avo with poached eggs (they were done to perfection) on toasted rye (R52)" and my friend had "the good ol’ scramble" - cream cheese, balsamic caramelised onions, scrambled eggs, pan-fried mushrooms & parmesan (freshly grated) served on toasted ciabatta (R74)". I had a taste of hers and it was heavenly! We could've shared it as it the portion was certainly large enough. We asked our waitress where the name SMAK comes from and before we knew it, the young chef Devin came to our table to tell us about it. He's currently on Top Chef on SABC3. I'll definitely go back as their lunch menu looks interesting and so tasty. No alcohol licence but you can BYO. A real gem on the very busy Bree Street restaurant/cafe strip.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Restaurants in Cape Town come and go and there is always great excitement in trying out new places. Smack 22 Bree Street has been receiving amazing reviews and so we decided to try it out. We enjoyed wonderful service, warm and friendly and enjoyed our americanos whilst watching the young female chef making fresh pasta. I feasted on (very generous amount) perfectly poached eggs on well toasted rye as I had requested, smashed avo and smoked trout. It was heavenly! My husband declared that the french toast was the best he had ever had. I will definitely be back to try the creamy scrambled eggs topped with grated parmigiano which looked very decadent. It was great having the young chef approach us afterwards to enquire as to what we thought. Passion and quality of ingredients reign supreme in this industry and Smak are definitely here to stay! :)

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

It was a delish breakfast which the Mexican bake was full of flavor, chilly punch, gluey egg & crispy ciabatta has made my day!!! Oh, waitrons here are exceptionally helpful & friendly as well!

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Having not even heard about Smak, we popped in last week for lunch and what a pleasant surprise - a most delicious meal and friendly service. We are banters but Smak could accommodate us with ease and the Flash fried tuna and Crust-less Quiche was outstanding. We spent a relaxed couple of hours and the chef/staff went out of their way to be helpful. Will recommend it highly

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

The very talented chef found her call in life and cooks with passion. She is very accommodating for special requests like gluten intolerance. The service is excellent and staff friendly.
We will be back soon!