“Best Carrot cake ever!”
Review of Folk Cafe

Folk Cafe
Price range: US$1 - US$4
Description: Folk Coffee Shop is Espresso Concepts' flagship and retail outlet at the beginning of Bree st. With ample parking it's a great place for a relaxed luncheon, quick breakfast or after work catch up drink. Hearty, wholesome meals that are always freshly prepared. The world best beans are roasted each day and served how you want.
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Happen along this small cafe in Bree street in Cape Town, stop for lunch which was great, but the Carrot cake just made the day.... infact i think we stayed there for evening drinks. Thanks to the peeps at Folk Coffee

Laurenceh777, General Manager at Folk Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Thanks! We love our carrot cake too! ...It's a prized ultra secret family recipe :) Thanks for stopping by and hope to catch you soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I love searching out independent and hipster coffee bars and this one is very good. The coffee was excellent and the decor the right side of hipster. Unlike many cafes that cannot prepare toast I enjoyed the toast I had for breakfast. I felt fortunate that my breakfast was late so I could laze with my laptop and enjoy reading the paper.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Previously I stated that they had confused my orders, while this was true, since then I have been back a great number of times and each time I have been wonderfully satisfied.

I am now of the opinion that it was teething problems as they were quite new when I went there.

They have given me excellent service, great coffee and a really, really good playlist.

All in all, great. Would definitely recommend.

Laurenceh777, Owner at Folk Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hi! Thank you for the feed back and all the visits! We have been spending allot of time hiring and training staff and we are so glad that we could change your views of us. We are trying hard to listen to our friends like you to make us the best spot in Bree! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Coffee is superb and the wrap I ordered didn't look as good as the breakfast but was par for the course I'd say.

Laurenceh777, Owner at Folk Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thanks Dave! We pride ourselves on our family recipe coffee blend. Next time order the french toast breakfast stack...it is the best!

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Both food and beverage menu is extensive and well thought out. The service is friendly and fabulous, but can be slow over peak times. Check out he daily specials!

Laurenceh777, Owner at Folk Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Hi Ayesha! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are busy training more addicts to help us better cope throughout the whole day. Come back soon and meet the new faces, they're keen to meet you!