“A great seafood restaurant franchise”

Cape Town Fish Market (Tokai)
Ranked #402 of 1 233 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We know this restaurant as CTFM and go there often. Food quality good and generous portions. Seafood a speciality although other choices are available. A clean facility. Family friendly. They sometimes offer great specials. Adequate parking.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I visited with my mom for lunch yesterday awie and used my entertainer voucher. If I must be honest I was not overly impressed. My mom had the fried hake and chips 250g portion for R95. The fish was not bad but for R95 we expected more chips....it was like a kiddies portion. I had the Fish Hoek Platter for R135 which was not bad...a nice piece of grilled hake, fish cake and calamari. The Calamari was tender and delicious. The HUGE dissapointment on my plate was my side of grilled veggies as they were absolutely tasteless, despite adding salt and pepper and I am a veggie lover! I will return as there are positives but I just feel some improvement can me made and I feel value for money is not the greatest here.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

We popped in for a quick lunch only to have the worst meal we have had in years. The prawns were absolutely terrible. We will not be back.

Review collected in partnership with The Entertainer
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We were very hungry and ordered a large plate of sushi for two people. It was pretty good and came quickly since we had to be somewhere in 45 minutes. The service was good.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

We hadn't been there for a while as the seafood preperation (and I'm talking about the hake in particular) was poor. Went there for a late bite only because we had the entertainer. The hake was still poor. Had a platter for one and the pan fried hake was so soft and mushy, not the deliciouss flakes that even the most dogiest looking fish and chip shop can master.