“Seafood at economy rates”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #485 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Good venue easy and affordable for fresh seafood only Cape Town can offer. Visited the V n A waterfront restaurant , service was a bit slow yet friendly .

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Spacious restaurant located on the second floor in a small shopping plaza. Clean bathrooms that you have to get a fob from the staff to use (the bathrooms are common for the plaza patrons, not just the restaurant). Had over the table heaters as we went here in winter and temp was very comfortable.

The place wasn't that busy when we went and the service was great. Our server was courteous, polite and quick.

Food was so-so. I would not recommend the sushi here as the rice to meat ratio was a bit off (too much rice) and also a bit dry. The side of vegetables also didn't taste that good. Baby kingclip was pretty good and the fried calamari was good along with the mussels. However, overall the food was unmemorable.

The place is kid-friendly. Reminds me of big seafood franchises in the USA type of an establishment.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I took my family here as we are lovers of a good fish and chips. Unfortunately, the food was old and dry. I'm allergic to prawns and told them that; they said that's perfectly fine then I happened to find prawn tentacles in my meal!

I was very ill that night.

The plus side; it was on the house - though I won't be going back.

1  Thank OfficialByronUK
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The service was quick and the food was good. The prices are friendly and they have a vast menu. Would eat here again

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Ate here with friends, and I had one of the best calamari meals I've ever had!! I was trying to say healthy so had it served with creamed spinach and butternut squash - YUM!!