“Buzzing!”

Ranked #22 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic place to enjoy some fish. A real buzzy vibe. Fantastic food and service. Our server really engaged with us and gave us some delicious recommendations. I highly recommend this place and certainly not somewhere that cons the tourist.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 316)

25 - 29 of 3 317 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was our final meal in Cape Town and we wanted to leave with a good sea food experience. After seeing W & Co on TA we walked past it at lunchtime to see a full dining area and a queue of people waiting. The restaurant is situated within a shopping mall and there is a mixture of seating, some within the mall atrium space, some bar stool type seats around the food preparation areas. It reminded me a little of the food department at Selfridges. If you are looking for a sea or mountain view whilst eating this is definitely not the place for you BUT as we were advised by the maitre de at lunchtime "come and enjoy great food here for a lot less, then go have drink and enjoy the harbour/ mountain views" it turned out to be great advice albeit we did it the other way around and enjoyed our views / drinks first then ate later, around 8:30. Another word of warning is that they do not take reservations, they have a small desk outside the restaurant where you wait to be seated, as we were only two we got seated straight away, albeit at one of the bar stools, which was fine. Our waitress Chloe was brilliant, very pleasant and probably the best so far in SA. My wife had the seafood pasta, think it was called marinara but was tomato based as opposed to cream, which my wife loathes. My wife said probably best seafood pasta ever eaten, believe me she's eaten a few! I tasted this a as well as packed full of the freshest seafood the taste was sublime. It tasted of the sea without being too 'fishy' if you get my meaning? I went for the tempura seafood, again beautiful with the lightest of crispy batters covering the juiciest of large crustaceans. It was reasonably priced as well and as at lunchtime the place was heaving, always a great sign. I would highly recommend this place if you get chance whilst in Cape Town.

1  Thank davidmlowe
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don’t understand all these excited reviews. This restaurant is first of all not real Asian. Sushi with mayo and ceviche with sesame seeds is neither fusion nor original. Restaurant was packed, service just average so as any fast food restaurants inside any shopping mall....but much more expensive. Absolutely nothing special about it. If you are not totally desparate try some of the rstaurants outside.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my favourite sushi spot in South Africa. Real Japanese chefs mean real Japanese sushi - but seafood fresh from the South African waters. The inside décor is lovely - or plenty of seating in the mall passage outside (pity no ocean views). It gets busy so go early. Enjoy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Willoughby is located inside the shopping mall. It's very busy, but the queue moves quickly and there is the possibility to eat at the bar.
We had some tuna nigiri and temaki and mussels (moules marinaire). Both very good. Service was fast, despite the restaurant being full.