“Good food, fast and friendly service”
Review of Willoughby & Co

Willoughby & Co
Ranked #19 of 1 185 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 March 2015

I went to Willoughby & Co on 4 of my 7 nights in Cape Town to enjoy their sushi and fish dishes. As I was on my own, I did not have to queue and was found a place at the bar quickly. The restaurant is very busy and I would not go there for a romantic dinner, but to get very good food and be in the middle of the buzz it is the place to go.
With the £ strong at the moment the prices are very reasonable, but compared to other eateries around the V&A Waterfront they are more expensive, but very good value for money.

Reviews (3 148)

1 653 - 1 657 of 3 148 reviews

Reviewed 15 March 2015

After a recommendation by a friend and reading Trip Advisor reviews of Willoughby & Co my wife and I went for afternoon sushi. What a disappointing disaster.

Our waitress conveyed a demeanor that she was going through the motions and we were there at her pleasure. She started by plopping our menus on the sushi counter and walked away. One menu was upside-down which we quickly rectified. We placed our order with the surly waitress.

To our left we heard a commotion and noticed that a sushi serving was being returned to the kitchen. A new serving shortly arrived and in the process of serving the patron the waitress knock the gent’s chopsticks onto the floor. The waitress merely picked up the chopsticks from the floor and place then beside him. At that point I become concerned and started watching the waitress. She continually was fidgeting with her hair. That really put me off as she was serving food.

I asked to speak to the manager and she was referred to us. She asked if everything was OK. I said no and she asked what the matter was. I shared with her what we observed. She acted shocked yet not concerned.

The manager shortly arrived and I shared with him my concerns and observations. He said something we didn't understand with an expressionless face and he left. I told my wife that I prefer to leave. So we stood up and walked out of the restaurant NEVER to return again.

3  Thank David H
Reviewed 14 March 2015

My partner and I were recommended to visit here while in Cape Town. It was our last night and fancied something different. Willoughby's was certainly that and more.
We sat inside at the sushi bar so we could soak up the atmosphere and from there we watched a procession of amazing dishes waft by us. The down side to side to this was we couldn't make our mind up on what to order. To our rescue came a very knowledgeable waiter who actually ordered for us. The outcome was the most amazing meal at a very reasonable price.
Definately worth a visit!

Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

We didn't know what to eat and just went for Darren's (owner's son) recomendations. It was just perfect! The place is also very nice. If you're into sushi, it's must!!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2015

Travelling alone I enjoyed more than one mouthwatering meal at Willoughby's. I LOVE the 4x4… and yearn for more… The rest is equally good, I have never been disappointed! Good for people watching, as there are no views. No reservations taken! Come early or expect standing in the queue (enjoying the complimentary wine tasting to make the pain go away!)