“Fantastic fillet steak”

Ranked #289 of 1 206 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Where Cape Town meets the world and the world meets Cape Town! The mother city's most famous meeting point and people-watching spot. An authentic corner of Italy offering friendly, efficient service and delicious traditional Italian fare served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. From beef carpaccio, chourico & peppadews in brandy with fresh basil, mussels in a creamy white wine sauce and Italian-style calamari to an array of meat and pasta dishes, fresh salads, huge stir-fries and mouthwatering gourmet panini sandwiches, including some popular vegetarian dishes. Also famous for their 16 Italian gelato ice cream flavors and genuine hospitality, to be found at the very heart of the bustling V&A Waterfront, South Africa's number one tourist destination and one of the most beautiful working harbor locations in the world. Enjoy an authentic Italian coffee and watch the world going by in a casual, relaxed atmosphere at this bustling Italian sidewalk café. Not to be missed...
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Decided on this instead of the renowned Belthazar next door and was not disappointed. The fillet steaks we ordered were delicious and cooked to perfection.
Service was great, setting outdoors was great with fires to keep us warm.
Altogether a perfect meal,

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We ate here 3 times and on each occasion I had the grilled prawns - they were huge, great quality and the best I had out of all the restaurants on the Waterfront! The pizzas were great and a good wine list - thoroughly recommended!!

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We sat outside to ahve dinner. Such a lovely setting. Good prompt service. The starter was the best. Calamari yum. Main was pasta which was a big serving and did the job. It isn't fine dining but was just what we wanted.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

During our two week stay in Cape Town my wife and I visited the San Marco for 2 dinners. The restaurant has a varied menu and a large selection of wines. Sadly on the first occasion my wife's main meal was served cold and was subsequently inedible. The waiter and the duty manager showed real concern and refused any payment for my wives meal. On the second occasion we visited the food , service and wine was exceptional.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

SanMarco is situated at the Southern entrance to the main mall. Five of us went there for lunch on my grandsons' birthday. My wife and I ordered tremazzinis. She wanted the roast chicken and I ordered the smoked salmon with grated beetroot and a horseradish infused creme fraiche. Well, there was no horseradish, the grated beetroot dry. and the smoked salmon still showed silver skin. All in all it was a very disappointing dish. My wife's dish was more palatable and the youngsters ordered pizza of which only half was eaten. I won't bother to go there again.