“Great value, cuts and vibe!”
Review of Cattle Baron

Cattle Baron
Ranked #503 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Pity our food was almost finished by the time I realised a review for this place is overdue... And now my photo's don't do it justice!
I've been to the De Waterkant branch quite regularly... The very first time there were a few teething problems, but ever since, I've never been disappointed!
Today I had the ribs, but their signature Chateau is also always a winner... Plus I've had great T-bones - and even their burgers are best!! And I've tried their juicy tasty calamari. Love my steaks medium rare and they are always cooked to a T! Ask them to make your chips crispy for a golden brown treat.
There are always deals on offer and their Tuesday steak night is great too.
We always bring a good bottle of wine and it's fabulous that there isn't a charge for this!!
Service is always excellent and tonight noticed great background music. Hopefully the standards will be maintained and I'll be back many more times!! Two thumbs up.

1  Thank John T

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

First our waitron kept on asking if we are really ordering 6 meals of 8 ppl 3 times!! Meanwhile 2 r feeling sick of eating anything after a bumpy paragliding experience just 2 hrs ago.

Then, when my steak came, my 200g fillet was half size of my husband's 209g fillet, when the manager came, he was explaining himself of my husband's steak is a 200g oversize. But check up my photo, my 200g steak is even smaller than my feast, meanwhile I'm a female that weight only 54kg. So, is that really a 200g?

The worst out of that, I've ordered a medium rare steak (as per the flag shown on the photo), but that steak was.... A medium well, as per the third photo.

I really was disappointed with their service and meal. I guess I better stick with the cattle baron at tyger waterfront, which is still my favourite!!

1  Thank JYS0911
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Cattle Baron is an old steakhouse favourite, and their new branch in De Waterkant is spacious and modern with luxurious leather booths and décor. The steaks didn’t quite match up to expectations though.

From ordering our steaks to delivery took almost hour. Our meat was slathered in basting sauce. Chips were fat and fluffy, and the creamed spinach stodgy.

Plenty other good steak restaurants…

Reviewed 14 May 2016

We originally got to know of Cattle Baron in Langebaan,but now discovered one near Waterkant in Cape Town,only been open for 6/7 months but already established that great value in quality steaks and other meat dishes.
Ambiance and internal furnishings are quality and comfortable,service excellent as is the value for money right across the board.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

the restaurant is inside a shopping center and the food was delicious.
if you like real big steaks, this is the place to be because you can ask for lager cuts of meat than there are on the regular menue.

worth a visit. steaks where cooked to perfection and great service as well