“Unprofessional staff”

Centurion All Suite Hotel
Centurion All Suite Hotel
Ranked #111 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My parents normally stay at this place when they visit Cape Town. When they arrived there a few days ago, they were dealed with very rudely by an abrasive woman who said they didnt have a booking with her. This was despite the fact that my mum had booked, and as usual, when she phoned to make a booking, she was told that she could pay when they arrived at centurion. When my parents went there, the receptionist said their bookings don't work like that. This was the same woman my mum had made the booking with. She was extremely arrogant and unhelpful. My parents found another place to stay, no thanks to the receptionist. When my mum went back two days later to query the booking procedure, the same receptionist said you can phone to book and you only need to pay when you arrive. Extremely unprofessional.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kardeen n

Reviewed 30 December 2016

This self-catering accommodation is, in my opinion, best suited for family vacation for those looking for last-minute peak season availability at budget prices, and not particularly worried about having just plain accommodation, without all the niceties offered by hotel brands. A big plus though, is the excellent location of this hotel, having a fabulous view of both sea and some scenic mountainous landscapes, within an affluent Sea Point Cape Town neighborhood. Another advantage is the abundance of grocery/retail shops and restaurants, without being necessarily noisy at night. A few dislikes, for future attention: Reception is dull, drab and 'cramping', and will be more welcoming with brighter colours and lighting, especially because guests desiring stable wifi (including my 7-year old son) needed to sit the whole time of wifi availability at the Reception, away from our 6th floor rented apartment. Also, the management should improve the quantity and quality of towels supplied to family guests. Guests booking this accommodation should be aware there are no AC units, only ceiling fan...we needed no heating in our case (it was hot in Cape Town in December when we stayed), and occasionally used the ceiling fan...

Room Tip: The room we chose on the 6th floor (603) served my family perfectly...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ajibolaa2015
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I booked accommodation at this hotel earlier this year and when I arrived I was really not impressed with the accommodations. The lobby area of the hotel has been revamped so it looks good as you enter, yet the rest of the hotel has been forgotten. It has residential units as well as holiday units to rent. The elevators are in poor condition - only a maximum of 3 people allowed in at one time or they will break down. Even your luggage needs to go up to your room via the service elevator or the staff - who are very unfriendly - yell at you. There were cockroaches everywhere and the whole place had a very run down feel. I WOULD NOT recommend this establishment to anyone

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank Mary_b_za
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the "hotel" for a few months and I was very disappointed.

The prices were high, the reception area always smelt terrible, the manager is rude, and there are cockroaches!

Not worth the prices.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank firedragon22
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I made reservations in advance but when I arrived no one was aware of my arrival and the I was told the person by the name of Monica that I had spoken to did not work there.

I was then given an apartment that I
Looked horrendous, but I had no choice but to take it at that time.

Only to find out that I was tricked and that there are two people with apartments there and the person I made reservations with was there and her office is in the inside of the building.

Her name is Monica she had waited for my arrival, I then spoke to her she had my apartment for me for the days I had initially booked for and gave me a day free,
My apartment was at the pool, it was beautiful she was so kind.
She did not rush me at checkout time.

Don't get discouraged