See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I booked accommodation at this hotel earlier this year and when I arrived I was really not impressed with the accommodations. The lobby area of the hotel has been revamped so it looks good as you enter, yet the rest of the hotel has been forgotten. It has residential units as well as holiday units to rent. The elevators are in poor condition - only a maximum of 3 people allowed in at one time or they will break down. Even your luggage needs to go up to your room via the service elevator or the staff - who are very unfriendly - yell at you. There were cockroaches everywhere and the whole place had a very run down feel. I WOULD NOT recommend this establishment to anyone

Date of stay: March 2016
2  Thank Mary_b_za
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the "hotel" for a few months and I was very disappointed.

The prices were high, the reception area always smelt terrible, the manager is rude, and there are cockroaches!

Not worth the prices.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank firedragon22
Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

I made reservations in advance but when I arrived no one was aware of my arrival and the I was told the person by the name of Monica that I had spoken to did not work there.

I was then given an apartment that I
Looked horrendous, but I had no choice but to take it at that time.

Only to find out that I was tricked and that there are two people with apartments there and the person I made reservations with was there and her office is in the inside of the building.

Her name is Monica she had waited for my arrival, I then spoke to her she had my apartment for me for the days I had initially booked for and gave me a day free,
My apartment was at the pool, it was beautiful she was so kind.
She did not rush me at checkout time.

Don't get discouraged

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Eve T
Reviewed 13 May 2015

I booked through QVI as this was their owned property and possibly after experiencing their other properties, I was expecting higher standards here as well. However, my experience was anything but high.

We (3 adults) checked in and were handed over a key to the apartment on the 6th floor (603). No paperwork.. nothing. A tiny lift and extremely smelly carpets took us to the apartment which looked like a jail barrack from the outside with the steel door etc.

Once inside, we were welcomed with a musty smell and very dated furniture. The kitchen had a greasy cooking top and a very unclean air filter. There were cockroaches in the cupboards and ants all over. The dining table had bar stools so high one could get a permanent hunch.

Next came the bathroom.. no lock !! and broken door. Quite embarrassing and one had to keep lights off inside while using for some privacy

We looked for a safe and found a tiny steel box nailed to the wall which was locked and without a key (so we couldn't use it)

We looked for an AC but the apartment didn't have any neither any fans.. keeping windows open at night wasn't a good experience at all.

The sofa cum bed did not open inspite of trying many maneuvers.. finally settled on the floor with a rather lumpy mattress.

Then we realised that the power sockets in SA were very different from anything we had seen anywhere else in the world.. on asking for an adapter at the desk, we were dissappointed to note that the building didn't have any spare for guests and we had to charge our phones next day after buying one.

However the location was excellent and quite convenient with or without a car.. that being the only saving grace.

Will avoid this place next time

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Surajit M
Reviewed 11 May 2015

I don’t like writing reviews that is negative, but this hotel does not deserve a good one. When you go on their website, your first impression is “WOW”. But then you arrive there... The reception does not seem to know what is going on. Suites are managed by different people… Huh? Honestly, I actually don’t know what to write here. The worst experience I had during my stay in South Africa. For the Mother City to entertain this kind of “luxurious” accommodation, is shameful. I'm sure a "no-star" grade motel will be a better stay than this place. Management very arrogant as is the staff. Walking around like the world owes them. Never ever again will I go back to this hotel!!!

Date of stay: April 2015