“Something Special”

Reverie Social Table
Ranked #2 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$75
Description: Join the Social Table for a totally unique dining concept. An eclectic space to eat, drink and be merry with some fabulous company. Table d' Hote style eatery with a set 5 course dinner, each paired with boutique wines from around the Western Cape. Perfect for the lone traveler, couple, friends and groups. It's a must try when visiting the Mother City!
Reviewed 5 February 2018

What a lovely experience, the passion from Julia and her staff was fantastic. It was lovely to meet new people! We were the only South Africans so was very interesting!
Food was superb!! Well done!!

Julia_Hattingh, Owner at Reverie Social Table, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Hello Dawn,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad we were able to welcome you and your hubby to our Social Table at the last minute, the power of TripAdvisor :)
It was a super global night and we all had great fun, thanks for joining us! I hope the wedding was wonderful, see you again on your next time in Cape Town.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

From start to finish this incredibly special dining experience was a gourmet delight and our very favourite in Cape Town! All I can say is WOW! Each of the 5 innovative courses were perfectly paired with local wines and explained by Chef Julia. The experience was only made better by the added pleasure of dining with 18 other guests at a communal table...including a winemaker from Swartland and his lovely wife. What a treat! Chef Julia and her team warmly welcomed and hosted us like we were in their home and leaving was like saying goodbye to new friends. Beautiful food, gracious hospitality, a unique setting and exceptional value...what a rare and treasured find!

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Reverie experience, it was wonderful meeting you both and having you join our Social Table!
I'm glad you enjoyed our Swartland collaboration, Hermias does make some superb wines and it's always something a little more special when we have the winemaker join!
I hope to welcome you back to Cape Town again soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Visited here at the recommendation of a co-worker and had an incredible evening. Food is fantastic, wine is great (and plentiful!), and I loved the socialization! Overall, a fantastic evening and I would not hesitate to recommend any friend visiting to make reservations at Reverie!

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for joining our Social Table, it was lovely meeting you and your friends!
I really love the power of word-of-mouth :) Hope to see welcome you guys back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I was a little apprehensive about the evening as I don't normally like "making friends" on holiday. This was a little unfounded as everyone was very friendly, although I did end up sat with 5 Italians who (understandably) all wanted to speak Italian, so I felt a little isolated due to that.

The food and wine more than make up for that however! Each course was exceptional, with an amazing wine paired to match. Everything is made by Julia and her tiny team, from the excellent bread to the pastry.

Highly recommend - just be careful where you sit.

Julia_Hattingh, Owner at Reverie Social Table, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear Heather,

Thank you for joining our Social Table and taking the time to share your experience.
My apologies for the language barrier making you feel isolated, it rarely happens but unfortunately unavoidable when the group is so diverse. I am very glad the food and wine saved the day :)
We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Cape Town!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

This restaurant is amazing! The concept of sharing a long table is refreshing. The daily lunch menu changes and I have had many of the various dishes and have never been disappointed. The food is fresh and wholesome and Julia's creativeness brings together incredible flavours that are so complementary. The staff are accommodating and friendly.

Hello Chiara,

Thank you for your support and lovely words.
We are so incredibly grateful to have amazing regulars!
I hope you had a wonderful festive break, great to have you guys back. See you again soon!