“Not to be missed!”

Reverie Social Table
Ranked #2 of 1 297 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$10 - US$75
Description: Join the Social Table for a totally unique dining concept. An eclectic space to eat, drink and be merry with some fabulous company. Table d' Hote style eatery with a set 5 course dinner, each paired with boutique wines from around the Western Cape. Perfect for the lone traveler, couple, friends and groups. It's a must try when visiting the Mother City!
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a very unique restaurant. The menu changes daily. Julia, the owner/chef plans the meals and uses the freshest ingredients available. We went for lunch. I had a salad with fresh veggies and the flavors were perfect. Sitting at one long table with the other patrons gives this place a very friendly and community feel. The mood and the conversation is comfortable and homey!

Date of visit: December 2017
Julia_Hattingh, Owner at Reverie Social Table, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Hello Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Reverie experience. It was lovely meeting you and having you share our Social Table!
Next time you'll have to join for a dinner!
All the best wishes for 2018!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We booked the table for a group of 10 during the Festive Season. We immediately felt like we were being invited into someone’s home for dinner (which we now know is exactly what she is trying to do!). The food was great, the atmosphere was great, but was particularly impressive was her approach to pairing the wines with food. Head Chef Julia must be a master sommelier because her knowledge and understanding of each of the wines she served was encyclopedic! I know she changes up the food often, so I won’t go into too much detail on each course but I must focus on her preparation of the Duck! I still dont understand why this concert doesn’t exist in New York City or Los Angeles! I know everybody wants to eat at the Test Kitchen, but if you can’t get your reservation there you MUST EAT HERE!

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your fabulous review, it was lovely hosting Madona and yourself and the whole Hale/Morayniss family!
I hope the rest of your time in Cape Town was memorable and you were able to enjoy some of the wine estates I suggested.
Hope to see you again around our Social Table!

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

We spent our Christmas Eve's dinner at Julia's social table and I can only say that it was an awesome experience. Food was exceptional, starting with some smoked trout and esparragus, going on to a delicious mushroom consomme, slow roasted duck and finishing with a superb cheese and pudding.

But food and drinks was only one part of it. The crowd around the table was super nice, a good mix of locals and tourists. Above all, Julia and her team did everything to make us feel at home.

I can only highly recommend this place!!!

Hello Fritz,

Thank you for joining our festive Social Table celebration!
We had such a wonderful evening and I'm so glad you and your lovely wife enjoyed your time with us. I hope you enjoyed your bottle of wine and the rest of your time in Cape Town!
All the very best for 2018 and I hope to welcome you back again ...

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We were recommended this restaurant by some friends and nearly didn't book, but SO glad we did. Our visit was one of the highlights from our recent trip to South Africa.

Julia and her team worked non-stop to ensure we had a great time. The service was perfect and the food and wine paring was amazing. We both loved the fact that Julia took the time to explain the wines throughout the evening. We shared the table with some fellow Brits, Americans, local "Capetonians" and a couple from Finland. We all had a really great time and the evening went so quickly.

I am a travel agent here in the UK and I have already recommended Reverie Social Table to 4 sets of customers and they are all very keen to visit in the next few months.

Thanks Julia we both wish you all the luck in the world and hope to come back.
Merv& Lance UK.

Dear Merv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Social Table experience. Your kind words are very much appreciated and I will pass them along to my team.
It was lovely meeting you gents and I hope the rest of your time in Cape Town was just as wonderful! Looking forward to the next time!
Happy 2018 from a super sunny Cape Town ;)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

As you share a long table with people you dont know it was delightful that we could go outside into the courtyard in the back for pre - dinner drinks and get to meet our companions (who were all so friendly i might add an important ingredient to the dining experience) We were locals and foreigners alike. The food was beautifully presented and each dish was introduced by Julia and tasted delicious as well. We were so lucky to have the wine boffins from Bellingham eating there with us and telling their stories of each wine we drank that was paired with our meal. The portions were hearty and you certainly come away feeling very full so go hungry is my advice. A lovely evening and I would definitely love to go back there. Thank you

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your lovely review and sharing our Social Table.
It was a pleasure having you and Simon join us and I hope to be welcoming you back again soon!
Wishing you a wonderful 2018!