“Best take away service in town”

Sushi Box Kloof Street
Ranked #292 of 1 257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This specific SushiBox on Kloof Street offers an amazing friendly service. When ordering at the counter right opposite the "kitchen" it all starts with a super friendly waiter assisting you in your order. After placing your order when having eye contact with the sushi chefs they all immediately do great you. This gives you a pleasant take away experience of note. The Sushi and Sashimi choices are of good variety and do taste great. The only change I would like to propose is the following: A lot of choices do exit of 10 pieces in a portion. Normally my experience is people eat like 12 pieces on average a person. If you order for two you are limited in choosing different kind of sushi because of the big amount of pieces per choice. Considering 6 in a portion give you a variety of choosing 4 different kinds for two people.

Go on like you do an keep that great service!

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I am vegetarian and often struggle to get non-boring vegetarian sushi in CT. So I was pleasantly surprised to find a decent veggie sushi here.
Very fresh, I assume the fish sushi is also good.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Just ordered some takeaways from Sushi Box Kloof and bumped into the old manager who used to run Kloof.

Excellent service as always on personal and business relationship

Well done Tauriq

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Admittedly, I have been on of SushiBox’s worst customers. I have had two of the worst experiences at one of their other branches. I have since made up with the SushiBox and everything has been great ever since.

We went to SushiBox on a Sunday afternoon, we were seated outside (it was a nice sunny day) – it has a very relaxed and chilled vibe about it, a bit more ‘buzzing’ than the Newlands branch. The manager was always around making sure everything was okay, and things were always better than okay. I ordered the FUSION BOX, the sushi was very good as usual. We hung around for about an hour, even though we finished our sushi the manager was still very happy to supply us with glasses and ice for the wine we had brought along with us (even though we only started consuming it after finishing our sushi) They do not serve alcohol unfortunately so you have to bring your own.

I do feel like there are cheaper alternatives available but I do however still maintain it is worth the experience. Is the sushi good? Yes. Is it a bit pricey? Yes. Would I go there again? YEP!

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Small, mainly take-out place, serves very fresh sushi and rolls. The generous portion of salmon sashimi was very tasty.