“Cornflake Crusted Brioche French Toast”
Review of JARRYDS Sea Point

JARRYDS Sea Point
Ranked #27 of 1 227 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: Australian Style Breakfast/Lunch Cafe specialising in creative, exciting all-day breakfast, brunch and lunch 7 days per week.
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I visited on a busy Saturday morning. After a short wait in the queue, we were seated at a table. The service at Jarryd's is outstanding, our waiter brought menus within seconds, and we were overwhelmed by the sheer variety of options!
My partner opted for the Classic Belgian Waffles, delicious. Both of us chose the "Make your own Juice" option, the juice was good but small. I had the Cornflake crusted Brioche french toast, it was amazing, extremely sweet though so I'd suggest pairing it with ice cream. We also requested a toasted cheese sandwich to share, not on the menu, but accommodated by the chef. My only issue with Jarryd's is the noise, you can barely hear the person next to you when it's busy, hopefully the owners will be able to fix the acoustics. The food and service is great, I would definitely go back.

3  Thank Zakira593

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Arriving at 09H00 in the morning on a public holiday........just managed to secure their last vacant table for four persons. This place is hugely popular so suggest one gets there early, otherwise you will wait in a queue for a while.
This eatery is buzzing........a good vibe, especially with the younger set, but also on the day families with small babies and kids.
Probably because of the high ceiling, I found the noise levels excessively high and at times we had to repeat what we were saying to each other.
Our waiter, Neil, was so professional and guided us with the menu options. He was constantly attentive, without being overbearing. Definitely one of the better waitrons I have witnessed recently in CPT.
Order as follows :
2 X Rosti stack ( only one poached egg as per the menu, but we ordered an additional poached egg, which was a good idea.
1 X Breakfast bruschetta ( with banting bread. Great that alternatives to normal bread or toast are offered ).
1 X Avo smash with poached egg.
1 X Banana bread for the table ( this beautifully presented ).
When it came to coffees or capuccino's, we requested double shot options and we were advised to have their "Magic" coffee. This was their own specific coffee brew, but served at a temperature of 68 degrees, which I thought was warm, but not hot. When I enquired why this coffee was not hot, it was explained that if the coffee is heated above 68 degrees, it spoils the taste of the coffee. The second "Magic" I ordered, I asked for it to be served hot, which it was and I found no differenc in the flavour of the coffee whatsoever. So, for the uninitiated, there is a new approach to the science of brewing coffee. Most interesting.
As for the rosti stack, which was the recommendation of our waiter Neil, I thought that the two rosti cakes were a tad overcooked, which made them tough to cut. Next time I would order the "normal" Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, which most patrons rave about.
It was quite obvious that this restaurant packs them in, serves them quickly and gets them out soonest, to accommodate the crowds waiting to dine there.
Next time round, I will endeavour to find a less frenetic time and will go for the Eggs Benedict with piping hot coffee.
Our party enjoyed the experience.

2  Thank kevincY9111AX
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

This place was incredible for breakfast, we had the eggs benedict and the breakfast bun and both were immensely tasty. The poached egg was perfect!

1  Thank aguyfromjhb
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Discovered Jarryds by chance but now it seems I was the only one who didn't know of this gem. Popped in FOR breakfast and was greeted and served by warm and super friendly staff. Our breakfast and coffee were delicious and love the variety of LCHF options! Can not wait to go back the next time we are in CAPE Town

1  Thank SueFerreira
Reviewed 3 May 2017

In Cape Town we are certainly spoiled for choice when it comes to dining out and decent breakfasts; my partner and I try to experience different places and not land up at the same breakfast spot every Saturday morning. We hadn't been to Jarryd's in a while and were once again blown away by the incredible service, generous portions and a perfectly cooked breakfast. Jarryd himself came to chat to us and is very hands on and passionate about what he does. My scrambled eggs were heavenly with the addition of sweet and succulent roasted tomatoes with crispy rye. My husband enjoyed poached eggs, pastrami and hollandaise. There is a new and very cute addition to the restaurant; a corner section called Bentley's which confused me but I later found out that it is a pet friendly section and I thought it a very cool idea. When leaving, way more than satisfied, I couldn't help but notice the people queueing at the door waiting to get in.... after all this time it goes to show that Jarryd's certainly know what they are doing! : )

2  Thank MerlotCapeTown