“Unique Safari Foods”
Review of Kubu Cuisine

Kubu Cuisine
Ranked #480 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Hidden in the back of the food court, this place features many safari animals to try, including ostrich, zebra, crocodile, and more. The prices are a bit high compared to regular street food but it can be expected for exotic foods like this. If this were located at the entrance, I am sure it would be very very popular.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We arrived close to closing time, but we were lucky to get the last kabob. It was delicious and the marinade was out of this world. If I ever make it back to Cape Town, I would love to try more of the menu.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Lovely meal and really good value for money but the highlight was definitely the pudding!! Brandy pudding with ice cream and it was seriously good!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

What a great place for a relaxed dinner in Cape Town. This is an interesting option with good game choices and all really fresh and tasty. You can pop upstairs at the food market to get a beer or wine to go with your dinner. Great taste and great value

Reviewed 13 February 2016

I happened to pass this place as my wife and I meandered around the V&A waterfront and ducked into the building to avoid the heat and the building crowds. To be honest, what caught my eye was how unusual a kebob this was, and of course the personality of Siya who explained the dishes. I was skeptical about this, I can't lie but I have to say if your into game meats, this might be the one for you! I decided to try the Kubu Kebob which is Ostrich , Crocodile, Warthog and Zebra grilled to perfection! Don't let the strange look fool you, the meats are cooked well and thoroughly, the sauce is a great compliment and the accompanying side dish...well I didn't try it because I don't like onions, but it was "good" per my wife's sampling. I would recommend anyone coming to South Africa for the first time to give it a try, taste the variety of just some of the local meats available, and find your favourite!

1  Thank PhilClay71