“Great African finger food experience”
Review of madam taitou

madam taitou
Ranked #46 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great African finger food experience. We wanted to eat African and this was a good choice. Atmosphere, lofty hut feeling, shaky tables, shared platters of finger food, with very very reasonable price. Great experience. Don’t expect fine dining and drink beer/water.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Fun themed restaurant serving tasty Ethiopian food. Both my and my wife's meal were very tasty. Nice service too.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Madam Taitou is well worth visiting. This will appeal to both local and international tourists thatveould like to experience Ethiopian food. The restaurant is decorated in African art.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my dad both got the vegetarian sampler and it was soo delicious ! The look of the place is also quirky and nice .

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

This was a curious meal, eaten in eccentric but welcoming surroundings. Things got off to a bad start with much of the menu unavailable which was not evident until we tried to order. We heard the couple behind us have similar problems with the drinks menu.

Whether what we received was authentically Ethiopian or not I don’t know. If authenticity comes from haphazardness then Madam Taitou does well. If authenticity comes from good food, the results were mixed. What we received was full of interesting flavours but somehow didn’t all hang together. We did not stay for dessert and I suspect this was for the best.

I know my accomplice in dining enjoyed this restaurant more than me - I think the haphazardness worked in her favour.