“Best pasta of my life”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Seriously, I've had pasta in places throughout the world, but the ravioli here was beyond any of them. Excellent service, salad, great wine list, to boot.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got married a week ago and decided to take our new family for a "thank you dinner".

I left humiliated.

Our waiter received a R250 tip, but proceeded to ask in front of our guests what our problem is for not tipping at least 10%, apparently the menu requests this. Yes, for 6 OR MORE. We were 5?

Because we had to ask for wine 3 times but helped ourselves in the end. When the pregnant one asked for well done meat, a sigh, eye rolling and "we don't do that here" ensued.

I don't care, there is nothing wrong with my money there should be nothing wrong with what I choose to put in my mouth.

The arrogance, average-for-the-price food and absolute unnecessary sass left me embarrassed in front of our guests. Literal and figurative bad taste left in my mouth.

I'm out!

2  Thank Lisaleopard07
giorgionava, Owner at 95 Keerom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

I always like to reply particularly when the facts are wrong: The tip you left was R123 on a R2 400 bill and not R250 as stated in your review and the waiter was very attentive to your table. The email below is self explanatory.

95 Keerom will not miss you.

To whom it may concern;

My hasband and I got married a week ago, and decided that we would take our new family for a thank you dinner.

I left humiliated.

We have a policy to not tip on wine, in general. It does not make sense to dish out R500 on a 5k bottle of wine.

None the less, tip is not deserved, especially, if we had to ask for our glasses to be filled on three occasions. Secondly, I reserve the right to decide on what I want to give to a waiter.

Upon paying our bill, the waiter requested 10% even though he received over a R200 tip already - tried to bully us by saying the menu requests 10%. Luckily I always read fine print, and I know your menu has a standard 10% surcharge for a table of 6 OR MORE. We were 5?

After explaining our policy and pointing out that the menu is no authority for his demanded 10% he continued his sass.

It's so sad that one incident destroyed your reputation with me, and I will make sure my colleagues at the advocates chambers (yes, were one of your frequent guests) understand the poor experience. We will never be returning.

I have seen on your trip advisor reviews that any complaint is met with extreme arrogance, so please don't bother with responding.

Kind Regards
ME Kriek

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Had dinner here on our first night in Cape Town. Absolutely superb. The food was wonderful Italian and the service was attentive without being overbearing. Great wine selection and very good prices. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had a wonderful dinner at 95 Keerom while in Cape Town. Located at the dead end of a quiet street in Cape Town, it was a short drive from our hotel, Cape Grace. The atmosphere was quiet, but quite nice. The building dates from a few hundred years ago, and I believe at one time was a horse stable/barn. The food was excellent. I enjoyed a really great grilled salmon, and my wife had phenomenal pasta dish. The manager/owner was very helpful, and helped arrange an Uber for us at end of meal. Great food, great ambiance, and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

This restaurant was recommended to us and it was chic and clean and possibly close to sterlie. The food was good especially the seafood the game meat was also good but it just missed something a little artistic or special. There was no real atmosphere here.

1  Thank toadin