“Great sushi, divine cocktails!”
Review of Beluga Restaurant

Beluga Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Beluga is one of my favourite restaurants to visit. Their sushi and fish are up there with the very very best. Staff is professional and service is really great. And to top it all, their cocktails are absolutely divine!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 174)

277 - 281 of 2 174 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Best service. Great atmosphere. One of the best sushi spots in cape town. Suggest making reservations as they are usually fully booked. Pricing above average but worth every cent.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Really nice atmosphere at this place, and impeccable service. Every morsel of food we ordered was incredible. The duck & ginger dumplings are still in my thoughts and dreams! Great sushi....Samurai roll and crunchy tuna roll w/black bean drizzle.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Beluga has always been my favourite sushi and dim sum spot in Cape Town. It is great value for money when you take advantage of the specials, the sushi is always fresh and delicious, and the dim sums always perfect. The atmosphere is sophisticated and the staff are always attentive and friendly.
Unfortunately, my last visit to beluga was not pleasant. It took a good 15 minutes before anyone realised we were there and came to serve us - the place was not busy at all. I ordered the usual sushi I always get - rainbow rolls, tuna crunch and salmon roses. I noted that none of the faces were familiar and assumed there must have been a change of staff - I didn't recognise any of the sushi chefs or floor staff.

The sushi arrived within 20 minutes but it was unfortunately not up to scratch. The salmon in the roses was cut too thick, and the sushi smelled quite strongly of fish (it might sound silly, but this is not usually the case). The ingredients did not taste as fresh as they usually are. The sushi also fell apart quite easily when using chopsticks, and it was quite a messy experience.
I'm disappointed as Beluga used to be my number 1 spot for sushi - but this time I am hesitant to return.

1  Thank Angelique C
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner with a friend and was left disappointed with the sushi. There just wasn't anything special about it and I won't be returning for sushi. There are many more sushi restaurants in Cape Town that serve tastier sushi. I would recommend going for cocktails as there is a great selection and they are really good.

1  Thank kerryjm123