Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse
US$138
  • Restaurant
US$214
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$223
US$200
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$148
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Bar/Lounge
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$762
US$742
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest housesweet berriessea pointmorgan freemanblue housethe main housebreakfast tablethree roomsprivate bathroomafrican artcold meatsbreakfast includedbreakfasts were greatfive minute walkother gueststea and coffeewould stay here again
Reviewed 6 January 2018

We had a great stay at a great guesthouse! We will certainly be returning next summer:) The location of the guesthouse was just perfect as it was just a short walk to the beach and restaurants etc. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The Ocean View Guest House provides very nice accommodation in Sea Point. Walking distance to the Sea Point promenade with nice restaurants like "La Perla". Due to the position of the house in a small road without traffic it is really quiet.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Always a good stay! The breakfast is great and the accomodation is beautiful. It is truly great value for money. However there was no mention of the water crisis and the need to save water and be conscious of the water usage which was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

A pearl of a place to stay för families. Bridget2 deserves a special mention for making our stay so great! The view? Wow. We rated sleep a 3 since the beds were a little more firm than were used to. *****

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

The Sweetest Guest Houses have an unusual set-up with a series of guest houses spread around residential streets - most of them on narrow, steep hills and not that close together! There is a lack of organisation as there is no real central reception and lots of the staff/managers work between guest houses.

I had heard that they have a habit of making guests change rooms/guest houses so I did everything I could to try to prevent this - it didn't work! I was staying for 7 days so I kept asking staff if I could stay in the same room - they kept saying they didn't know and would get back to me! After two nights at the Sweet Olive, I was told I had to move to Sweet Ocean View. No reason was given. I was expected to make my own way between the two guest houses with my luggage - until I pointed out I didn't know where I was going. I was eventually taken there in the tuk tuk that staff use to travel between guest houses. I had finished one group tour and was starting another so was looking forward to relaxing - moving guest houses was an unnecessary inconvenience.

I can't fault the rooms and guest houses themselves - these are hidden gems in Cape Town. They are a home away from home. They are clean, safe and the breakfast is plentiful. The guest houses are often used for large groups at the start/finish of large tours, but I'd say they were better-suited for couples or families

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you want a view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo