“YOU COULD BE IN ISTANBUL”

Anatoli Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Experience the best cuisine that Turkey has to offer at Anatoli. Be greeted warmly by attentive staff and seated in an intriguing Victorian warehouse, built in 1904. Anatoli has been serving the best Turkish food in Cape Town since 1984 and this wealth of experience and success is well reflected in the offerings on the extensive and well-planned menu. Freshly baked flat breads accompany traditional meze, presented in equally traditional oversized trays. The knowledgeable waiters will enthusiastically take diners through all of the meze available. There is something to suit every palate at Anatoli due to the variety that characterises Turkish cuisine. Experience a memorable culinary journey through Turkey care of Anatoli at Green Point.
Reviewed 31 December 2017

We have always thoroughly enjoyed the totally authentic Turkish atmosphere and food at Anatoli's.

Every time we visit we never get past indulging our tastebuds with a delicious array of mezzes which are absolutely awesome. Sigara Boregi, Izgara Hellim Peyniri, Humus, Zeytinyagli Pirasa, Zeytinyagli Yaprak Dolmasi, Patlican Izgara and Arnavut Cigeri are amongst our favourites. For good measure we also always order a Lamb Kebap, without the rice, to enjoy with our mezzes.

With our table covered in breadcrumbs, who cuts bread in the Middle East ?, we normally end off our mezze meal with either Baklava or stuffed Turkish apricots and a Turkish coffee.

A damn fine way of dining.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We booked for dinner recently with friends.
The décor and music is lovely

Unfortunately we found our waiter hard to understand. The mezzes for starters where super. Once finished with starters we sat not knowing what the next procedure was, eventually we realised people were going up to a display and choosing their mains. We would have expected our waiter to come up to our table and explain this to us. Two of us at the table had the lamb shank; we both felt it was not warm enough and the men found their mains very oily.

If I find myself eating here again in the future I think I will stick to the mezzes.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Been coming to CT for last 10 years and been going to this amazing Turkish restaurant.
It is very authentic and beautifully decorated. The owner who comes from Turkey is a lovely guy and knows his stuff. The mezze tray is such a treat!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

This restaurant is different than other restaurants. Basically how it works is that they bring you this large tray full of appetizers to view (most of them are cold) (you can also choose main meals instead of appetizers), the waiter explains to you every single dish on the tray and afterwards you choose which wants you want to eat. Each small appetizer costs about R50. We chose about 3 small appetizers each so it ends up being a filling meal. I tried the mashed crispy potatoe (absolutely delicious and it's served hot), the eggplant with potatoes (also delicious, served cold), the stuffed eggplant (didn't like it), and a pesto pepper dish (didn't like it).

We really enjoyed eating here because it made us want to try many more of their dishes. We came back another time so we can try their main meals this time, but the restaurant unfortunately turned us away because apparently they were full. So maybe try to make a reservation.

I really like the concept of how this restaurant works and I wish more places were like that - where you get to see all the food in front of you and then decide what you want.

But I wish I could have tasted everything on the tray and then decided which ones I want to take. It would be great if they charged a base price for tasting samples of every dish and then you can pay the full price for the dishes you choose you want more of (because out of the 2 dishes I tried there were 2 that I didn't like and I felt like it was a waste). If you're able to try a spoonful of every dish and then decide which one to take more of, that would be so awesome!

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Food excellent ! Variety interesting mezzes as starters, choice between lamb, chicken & vegetarian for main course. Waiters & owner pleasant. Prices a bit high, but menu with prices on their website Will definitely go again!