“Traditional food, unpretentious location and beautiful surroundings.”

Nonna Lina ristorante pizzeria
Ranked #225 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Beautiful location, and traditional Italian food, proper "nonna made". They offer a complimentary bruschetta that is delicious, the pizza has a thin crunch crust which makes all the difference, and the vegetarian options are superb. Vegetarians won't be disappointed there! The service is a bit slow though, and the Tiramissu was tasting like it was left in the fridge for a few days....

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

My husband had two helping of their home made Tiramisu.

All dishes are great, I loved the calamari. Friends loved the veal. On another occasion we loved their pizzas.

Unpretentious, affordable, friendly service and always good food.

Decor a bit ordinary but hey, it's all about Nonna's food.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Ordered a Messicano Pizza and what i got in return was quite terrible. I tried to eat it but felt anger building up in me.

Called the attention of the manager and he affirmed the Pizza was badly done so he offered to replace it. Was the replacement any better...pfft! At R103 for a pizza, i expected a better quality than debonair.

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We attended here after our air b n b host recommended it as it was his restaurant. Fair to say we thought he was having us on and that it was probably a tourist trap and not worth it but boy were we wrong. Oh my gosh wow, freaking delicious! We had a pasta and a pizza as we had to have Italian food as it is an Italian restaurant and my gosh it was so delicious. I would have to say on par with the best food we ate in Cape Town apart from Nelson's Eye restaurant. It was also not too expensive. Cost us about $50 AUD and that included 2 x desserts and 4 alcoholic beverages as well as the 2 x meals. Yum yum yum. Good atmosphere too and very nice and neat and well presented. Only one downfall, the waiters were a little slow with taking orders and clearing plates ad getting orders right etc and we could see them standing around when they could've been taking further orders from us. That's all though thanks =)

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and great service
I would recommend this to any local it's a real gem
I have not been there for ages and what a great surprise