“Wonderful Dining Experience!”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: African, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Enjoy creative contemporary cooking in a visually exciting venue. With its historic Table Mountain stone and old brick that dates back to the 18th century, architect Leon Saven's design is complemented by glass, concrete and exposed ducting. Cabbage motif chandeliers and salt dishes, fine table appointments and impeccable service reflect outstanding attention to detail. The menu alters daily, using the freshest local produce and combines unusual flavours to excite the palate of the discerning diner. Free range organic and ethically sourced ingredients. Allergies catered for. A boutique wine list which is very reasonably priced.
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Savoy Cabbage! The interior of the restaurant is very modern and there is a very good drink selection. Our appetizer and entrees were delicious, I opted for the fish and my husband opted for the lamb and it was apparent that they were made with very fresh ingredients. This was one of our favorite meals during our trip and it was conveniently located in the same square as our hotel.

1  Thank MGB724
Reviews (1 107)

1 - 5 of 1 107 reviews

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I was so looking forward to dining here based on family recommendations and whilst the service was outstanding the food sadly was not. We started with carpaccio of vension - which was so tough it was more like eating thinly sliced dry biltong. Then I chose the "quail" and to be honest this should have been left off the menu - it was overcooked, slightly burnt dry and disappointing, it was served with couscous pearls - which were also burnt - I could be kind and say they were "caramelised" but that would be a stretch. I would not go back.

2  Thank Carj61
Reviewed 24 April 2018

A very cute and personable place. They could not have been more friendly and accommodating. Very casual and very good. My warthog dinner was terrific. The best I have ever had ( and only time I have ever had it). Just a really pleasant experience with lots of choices and very good food.

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We recently returned to Savoy Cabbage and enjoyed another memorable meal. The venue is lovely: bare brickwork juxtaposed against slick glass; high ceilings and a relaxed atmosphere. The tomato tart signature dish was, as always, perfect; mains of grilled cape salmon and venison also impressed, as did desserts of port-soaked figs and pannacotta. The winelist is well chosen and includes some excellent bottles, many also available by the glass. Staff are friendly and service is professional. It is firmly among Cape Town's finest restaurants.

1  Thank 21C_Traveller
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I quite liked this place. It’s an interesting renovated space on split levels. We were seated upstairs, good for looking down over other diners, but bad for being next to the bar and Gents. Service was rather slow. I was gasping for a drink, but had to wait about 10mins to be asked. Some interesting and reasonably priced wines. I enjoyed my quail and daughter her warthog, but wife was less keen. Had a problem getting internet connection (only place we had a problem in SA) Only needed it to get Uber home, but that really is an essential in Capetown. Owner couldn’t fix but kindly booked us a cash Uber so it worked out OK. I would go again, not sure wife would?

2  Thank martinidoc