“Great food and entertainment”

The Africa Cafe' Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 1 226 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$30 - US$33
Cuisines: African
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Africa Café offers a multi-cultural dining experience. Since 1992, chef Portia has been creating food infused with African soul and passion. Experience an exotic tapestry of flavours that will take you on a journey from North to South. Housed in an historic national monument, the restaurant is divided over 3 levels and 7 richly decorated dining rooms.
Reviewed 31 October 2017

We were a group of 25 visiting the restaurant. The food was excellent (a kind of tapas system, where you could always ask for more of a specific dish, but you got so much food that almost nobody asked for more). Interesting flavors, variation of spicy and non spicy.
Service was professional and friendly.
Waiters started to sign at one point in time, which created a special atmosphere.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This was a great experience. Many many different delicious dishes from different areas of Africa. AND, to end the evening, a joyous dance by the staff. Our twelve person tour group loved it

Reviewed 30 October 2017

A great experience. Loved the food and the décor. Service was amazing. Colourful. Fun times. Get your face painted! We were on an upper floor and it got rather warm in the room so we just opened a window.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

the place is amazing, the food fantastic, they serve 14 different dishes and the African culture, you can repeat the ones you like, food for all tastes, traditional local, vegetarian, excellent

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I went because I heard the restaurant was very good. When I arrived alone, the lady in the reception told me that there was no reservation under the name I was indicating (which I an understand if there were complete) but she didn't even allow me to enter and see if the rest of my table was there. When I ask if I could connect to the wifi network to call a taxi, she said no (I am a woman and I was alone, it is no surprise that the city is dangerous for a girl at night so that's why I was asking internet only to ask for my taxi), when I asked if there were other restaurants around, she just said 'no' (when actually there was one next to ....). These places are for tourists and they should help tourists if needed not to deny a 1 minute wifi, what was the harm on that? I just wanted to ask for a taxi to drive me safely to the hotel!