“Handsomely hosted by Dempsey”

La Perla Restaurant
Ranked #345 of 1 299 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Upmarket Family Restaurant
Reviewed 1 December 2016

A stroll along the promenade and we spotted La Perla. We wanted a coffee but they did not open until 12 so we wandered off and then as we came back along we looked and tried again. I am so glad that we did.

The menu has a range of pasta dished as well as a range of others and I chose from the Tagliata section and so enjoyed my rae beef, thinly sliced on a hot plate with olive oil cjillies andd roasted plum tomatoes that we made a special trip back to eat there on our last day in SA. Lovely selection of wines but if you are not too sure ask Dempsey for advice - he knows the place inside out and will not let you down.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We had an enjoyable evening here for dinner. There was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant, the staff were attentive and the food was tasty albeit portions were huge.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

My husband booked a table for us for my 30th birthday as I have always wanted to go. When we arrived they said sorry they got bigger tables bookings so we have to sit outside in the wind and rain. My poor husband wanted to make this special occasion perfect and so asked if there was any way they could make space for us some where inside since we did book a week in advance and they said NO. So we had to leave and try find somewhere else to eat at 7 pm. Needless to say it left a bad taste in our mouthes and although I have always wanted to eat there after that experience that I will always remember as my 30th birthday I wont go back. Please note a booking means nothing here.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

I hadn't been here for several years and and what a joy to discover that the food, wine, service, atmosphere and value for money were the same as before if not better. Clientele also very well-behaved (i.e. not loud-mouthed and attention-seeking), so all in all a perfect experience.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Great food at a reasonable price. We had a dinner and a lunch here and all the food was delicious and the service impeccable. It was busy at dinner so was quite loud, but at lunch it was also a delightful quiet atmosphere with a beach view.

Date of visit: October 2016