US$129
US$109
Protea Hotels
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$128
US$119
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$92
Protea Hotels
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$92
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$142
US$131
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$137
US$48
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Urban Hive Backpackers(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$30
US$24
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewssea pointhourly shuttlebit datedsea viewhop on hop off bus stoprestaurant staffbeach roadshuttle servicean upgradepool deckstandard roomwater shortagebreakfast buffetsignal hillmain roadstayed for nightsshort stay
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Despite the water shortage in Cape Town we had a very comfortable stay. The hotel had a display in the lobby relating to this and invited guests to have a bowl to capture water from the shower and reuse it to flush the toilet. An example of public spiritedness which we were happy to partake in.
Breakfasts were excellent and there is a pleasant bar area.
A good stay for three nights and we were happy to come a week later for another.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms away from the front of the building
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
RadissonBluLeVendome, Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear David190343. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for partaking in helping us save water. I am happy to hear that you had a great time whilst staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This hotel is well located in central Sea Point in easy reach of the amenities in the area as well as access to the wonderful beach area and Esplanade. They run an hourly free shuttle bus to the Waterfront complex which make shopping a cinch! The staff are really great, efficient friendly and very very helpful in particular Athena, Zim and Matt are worthy of mention for all the help they gave us during our stay. The rooms are very comfortable although the furniture in our room could have done with a little refurbishing - sticky drawers being the main problem. We only ate one evening meal at the hotel (there is plenty of choice within ten minute walk) and were disappointed - limited choice and served luke warm. However, breakfast is another matter! We have seldom had such a choice and there was two great touches - squeeze your own orange juice and honey still on the comb! If not included in your package it would be well worth while paying for. One word of warning the shuttle bus service the hotel offers to the airport is not free and is quite expensive. Far cheaper to use a taxi or Uber - neither is a problem. The hotel has a swimming pool which was unfortunately closed due to the severe water shortage the Cape is experiencing. There are notices everywhere encouraging guests to be super aware of the drought and suggesting a two minute shower and other water saving tips - they even provide buckets and bowls on request to help save water. Please help in this important matter if you stay there! Very definitely recommended!!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Ian B

Dear Ian B. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and were pleased with the location of the hotel. It's great to hear that you were able to make use of the complimentary hourly shuttle to and from the V&A Waterfront as it makes getting around quite convenient. Thank you for your contribution in helping us and Cape Town save water, we all truly appreciate it. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I stay there from 05 March to 09 March (04 nights) during a meeting. Room 201. During the night I can hear all happen in the next room: TV, discussion even when they take bath.
But things that make me very angry was: I check in in 05 March and the guys in the counter charge me 10000 R. I didn't (I was too tired) checked it at once but after making a complaint, they give me back the money because they charge me for 05 nights. The day before my check out was very early (02:30 am) I ask for same guy to give me my invoice bill but He told me that I can have it only during the check out. I insist but nothing. Early in the morning, of course, I forgot it but I send an email to the hotel, I phone three times, they promised me and until now I didin't receive it. I think they are not professionnal at all.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank tantely1965
RadissonBluLeVendome, Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear tantely1965. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by taking too much money upon arrival - however our receptionists charged you for the nights indicated on our system so they followed the correct procedure. I am happy to hear that they refunded you however I do apologise for the delay in sending the invoice. You are more than welcome to contact me should you need any further assistance. We hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again in future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Needing a break from an Airbnb gone bad. The Le Vendome hotel was perfect!
Clean and spacious rooms. We were upgraded upon arrival to a Business Class room so we had a private balcony with a view of Signal Hill on one side and the Atlantic ocean on the other. Picture-Perfect!
We only ate breakfast at the hotel, which was all according to Radisson Blu standard with a large variety of food and drinks. The breakfast staff was accommodating and service-minded to the teeth, without being overbearing.
The only downside was that we used the One Touch service to ask for our laundry to be collected and we had to call an remind them to pick it up.
Other than that the hotel was a welcomed oasis of comfort!

Room Tip: Business Class rooms facing the street have the best side views of the ocean and mountain!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
RadissonBluLeVendome, General Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Sofia A. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. It truly warms my heart to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Sadly not up to what I would expect as “Radisson Blu standards” and should be categorised 2/3 star, not 4 star. Rather run down and grubby. Lacking basics such as flannels and a window lock that didn’t rattle in the winds. I requested a wake up call that was not received. When I spoke to reception they insisted that they did make the call. Surely you ring and expect an answer and not blame the customer for “not being in the room?” This put pressure on my breakfast and I had to cancel my egg order as the delay was too long.
I respect the CapeTown water shortage and limited the shower use, but to have to pay for drinking water in your room? The pool was closed completely while other nearby hotel pools were open.
The room fridge was empty and the staff were not helpful when trying to get advise on bike hire. They gave completely incorrect information.
I have emailed the hotel directly but have had no reply!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 367liz
RadissonBluLeVendome, Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear 367liz. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay and would like to touch on a few things you mentioned. We do not provide drinking water in our rooms due to us trying to preserve our city's tap water, hence us selling spring water at reception at cost price. Though we are trying our best to save water by closing our pool, we have no control over what measures other hotels are taking with regards to their contribution to saving water. Bar fridges are empty but can be requested to be filled upon check in, I do apologise if that was not mentioned to you upon check in. Your other concerns have been addressed with the relevant departments and we will ensure that this does not occur again in future. We truly apologise for the experience you had but hope that you will return in order for us to show you the true Radisson Blu experience. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager