All reviews sea point hourly shuttle bit dated ocean front sea view water shortage restaurant staff hop on hop off bus stop beach road an upgrade main restaurant standard room pool deck shuttle service very comfortable stay breakfast was excellent main road
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was tired but clean. The bathroom was good and there was access to irons and hair dryers. The pool is small but good on a very hot day. The bed was comfortable but not up to today’s standard elsewhere. The hotel staff are very professional and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is the best I’ve seen, anywhere and was included in the price of our room as well as WiFi and parking.

The La Mer restaurant attached served stunning food. We had the chicken and lamb dishes. The service however left a little to be desired even though there were only 2 tables to serve the whole evening.

Overall a good place to stay but I have since found far better guest houses around the corner.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrswattsCardiff
ThysVanDerMerwe, Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear mrswatssCardiff. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We pride ourselves on the breakfast selection we have to offer along with the service so I am happy to hear that you were pleased with this. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 29 January 2018

So the wife and I chose Radisson Blue in Sea Point as the venue to spend our 21st wedding anniversary at. The staff were pleasant. The hotel is very neat. We chose the standard room with breakfast. The room was quite spacious with a little Juliet balcony.
A small bar fridge is handy to keep your bottled water cold. We had a King size bed in our room - not sure if this is normal or if we were just lucky. The bed was super comfy. We ate out at lunch and supper time, but we sat at the pool area for breakfast. The breakfast buffett was good, but here is where my 1 gripe comes in.Our waiter came to the table to ask if I wanted eggs. I ordered 2 x fried. 20 minutes later they cleared my wife's plate. I was still waiting for my eggs. The 2nd waiter said he would arrange it. 25 minutes later. Nothing.after 45min in total, the water came past and asked if all was okay. I ,mentioned the eggs. He hurried off and came with 2 fried eggs on toast with extra bacon. I"m satisfied he made up for the initial blunder. I would happily go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ColJackZA. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and that even though there was a mishap during breakfast, that our staff was able to quickly attend to it and make up for it with their Yes I Can! attitudes. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Service: excellent! Helped me book restaurants, sort out issues with my other hotels and there is a free shuttle bus service which will take you into town during the day and drop you off at restaurants etc. in the evening if the driver is available.

Food: breakfast was great everyday. I am still dreaming of their Mexican scrambled eggs (if the chef is reading I would really like the recipe) and loved the herbal tea station! Dinner was OK but the restaurant was very quiet so not much atmosphere. I would recommend eating outside of the hotel in the evening if you are not short of time (Chefs Warehouse, Willoughby & Co and NV80 were all great).

Location: quiet and convenient. Shop just up the road to buy water etc. and the seafront is great for a walk / run. Top tip: you can get around by Uber very cheaply so be sure to download the app to your phone.

Activities: highly recommend hiking Table Mountain (Hike Table Mountain provided a great guide for us) and a tour with Discovery Tours Cape Town. Both need to be booked in advance and are well-worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear RowlBear. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay, we truly appreciate it. It warms my heart to hear you had a great time and that everyone and everything at the hotel contributed to your experience. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Good hotel, worth price. Rooms are clean and spacious, bathroom is large.
Water shortage issues, but this is not hotel problem.
Underground parking is very small, it is kind of tricky to park in-there and to find free spot.
Good breakfast, not sensational, but rich enough.
There is a hourly shuttle to V&A waterfront, but drivers omit some of trips.
Staff is very helpful, experienced and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JordanBI. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and that our staff was able to assist you where need be with their friendly attitudes and Yes I Can! work ethic. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I attended a meeting at this hotel from about 10am. The front desk ladies were very friendly and the lady on the first floor reception friendly and helpful and we found the conference room easily.
When we arrived we noticed snacks were available for all present. It was fresh summer fruit and fruit kebabs, juices, little wraps, muffins and coffee.
When we took a lunch break lovely little croissant were presented as well the selection of summer fruits etc.
With so much attention to detail for snacks for a meeting, I would imagine that the restaurants would serve good meals.
The facilities were very clean and the ambience one of relaxation.

Stayed: January 2018

Dear BrendaWilliams_12. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant meeting experience and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back next time for a stay at the hotel! Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager