“Great Location - Great Service”

Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel
Ranked #39 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for 6 nights. Had a problem with the standard of the room, which was dealt with very swiftly and we were upgraded to an executive suite. Rooms are clean, but the furniture is a little dated and showing signs of wear, but all in all perfectly adequate.

The service in the hotel is excellent throughout from the bell boys, reception staff, restaurant staff and management, very professional and friendly. One thing that really stood out to me was that they employed several deaf members of staff which I really applauded as I haven't seen much evidence of this anywhere else I've ever stayed, about time!
There is ample free parking and we found the wifi to be excellent too.

The breakfast in the hotel was in our view exceptional - we have travelled the world and this is the best yet. Great choice of buffet items and also cooked to order options all included.

The pool area was nice and a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing. There is a courtesy minibus service to V&A Dock every hour, but the thing that we found best was the location as you have the ocean one end of the street and the main road at the top, which has some great restuarants, food outlets, and even a big indoor streetfood market. We travelled all around Cape Town and were very glad we were staying in Sea Point as we found it to our liking the most. If you want a great base for a sightseeing break, Le Vendome is the place for you.

Stayed: January 2018
ThysVanDerMerwe, Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear suki M. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. It truly warms my heart to read such nice reviews and to hear that you had a great time whilst staying with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was tired but clean. The bathroom was good and there was access to irons and hair dryers. The pool is small but good on a very hot day. The bed was comfortable but not up to today’s standard elsewhere. The hotel staff are very professional and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is the best I’ve seen, anywhere and was included in the price of our room as well as WiFi and parking.

The La Mer restaurant attached served stunning food. We had the chicken and lamb dishes. The service however left a little to be desired even though there were only 2 tables to serve the whole evening.

Overall a good place to stay but I have since found far better guest houses around the corner.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear mrswatssCardiff. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We pride ourselves on the breakfast selection we have to offer along with the service so I am happy to hear that you were pleased with this. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So the wife and I chose Radisson Blue in Sea Point as the venue to spend our 21st wedding anniversary at. The staff were pleasant. The hotel is very neat. We chose the standard room with breakfast. The room was quite spacious with a little Juliet balcony.
A small bar fridge is handy to keep your bottled water cold. We had a King size bed in our room - not sure if this is normal or if we were just lucky. The bed was super comfy. We ate out at lunch and supper time, but we sat at the pool area for breakfast. The breakfast buffett was good, but here is where my 1 gripe comes in.Our waiter came to the table to ask if I wanted eggs. I ordered 2 x fried. 20 minutes later they cleared my wife's plate. I was still waiting for my eggs. The 2nd waiter said he would arrange it. 25 minutes later. Nothing.after 45min in total, the water came past and asked if all was okay. I ,mentioned the eggs. He hurried off and came with 2 fried eggs on toast with extra bacon. I"m satisfied he made up for the initial blunder. I would happily go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ColJackZA. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and that even though there was a mishap during breakfast, that our staff was able to quickly attend to it and make up for it with their Yes I Can! attitudes. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Service: excellent! Helped me book restaurants, sort out issues with my other hotels and there is a free shuttle bus service which will take you into town during the day and drop you off at restaurants etc. in the evening if the driver is available.

Food: breakfast was great everyday. I am still dreaming of their Mexican scrambled eggs (if the chef is reading I would really like the recipe) and loved the herbal tea station! Dinner was OK but the restaurant was very quiet so not much atmosphere. I would recommend eating outside of the hotel in the evening if you are not short of time (Chefs Warehouse, Willoughby & Co and NV80 were all great).

Location: quiet and convenient. Shop just up the road to buy water etc. and the seafront is great for a walk / run. Top tip: you can get around by Uber very cheaply so be sure to download the app to your phone.

Activities: highly recommend hiking Table Mountain (Hike Table Mountain provided a great guide for us) and a tour with Discovery Tours Cape Town. Both need to be booked in advance and are well-worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear RowlBear. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay, we truly appreciate it. It warms my heart to hear you had a great time and that everyone and everything at the hotel contributed to your experience. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good hotel, worth price. Rooms are clean and spacious, bathroom is large.
Water shortage issues, but this is not hotel problem.
Underground parking is very small, it is kind of tricky to park in-there and to find free spot.
Good breakfast, not sensational, but rich enough.
There is a hourly shuttle to V&A waterfront, but drivers omit some of trips.
Staff is very helpful, experienced and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JordanBI. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and that our staff was able to assist you where need be with their friendly attitudes and Yes I Can! work ethic. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Thys Van Der Merwe, Operations Manager