All reviews sea point hourly shuttle bit dated ocean front sea view hop on hop off bus stop beach road an upgrade standard room main restaurant pool deck water shortage restaurant staff shuttle service very comfortable stay breakfast was excellent main road
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Friendly staff and spacious rooms make up for the outdated furnishings. The hotel is between the Beach Rd and the shops and restaurants on the Main Rd. The breakfast is very good and the pool area is great. Beds are big and comfortable. The rooms are large so the flat screen TV should be bigger.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balconey
Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Allan P. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a great time and found the rooms spacious and comfortable. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Clinton Thom, General Manager

Reviewed 22 December 2017

great place very good staff and not far from beach right beside lots of shops ?? breakfast was great good choice and the staff will do anything to help arrange a taxi or point out best places to visit

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear George M. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the location of the hotel as it is quite central. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Clinton Thom, General Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2017

When we planned a holiday to South Africa and were starting with 5 days in Cape Town we originally planned to stay in Camps Bay. However, on reflection and for various reasons we decided to change from the original apartments in Camps Bay to the Radisson Blu Le Vendome at Sea Point as we wanted to be nearer to the V and A waterfront and Cape Town itself. Having discovered exactly how far Camps Bay is from the waterfront and having experienced a wonderful stay at the Radisson we are so pleased we changed. I’m sure Camps Bay is a nice place to stay but for us the change was the right one to make.
From our arrival at the Radisson to the day we left we were made to feel very welcome and the staff were all friendly and went out of their way to help if we had any queries. Our room (on the 7th floor) was a standard room and the furniture was a little dated but we were aware of this before we booked and for the price we paid was fine. The room was a very good size and as we were staying for 5 days it gave us space to make ourselves at home. We were actually given a choice of two rooms with one having been updated but which was much smaller and on a lower floor with no sea view as ours had (albeit limited).
The bed was king sized and extremely comfortable.
The bathroom was again of good size and had a full bath (although due to the long drought we could not use this) but the over bath shower was more than adequate.
We did notice a slight smell of cooking in the bathroom in the mornings but this was not a major problem and did not affect the bedroom itself (except on one day when someone burnt the bacon and set the fire alarm off at 6am!) However, a mistake anyone can make and at least it proved that the fire alarm system was in good working order should there be a real fire!
The breakfasts were fantastic with a buffet offering everything you can think of (and probably more) as well as the option of a cooked breakfast from the kitchen – it was difficult not to overindulge and during the 5 days we were there, unusually for me, I never even considered having lunch as the breakfast lasted me all day!
The hotel ran an hourly shuttle service from the hotel to the waterfront and this was extremely useful. As it was only a 5 minute ride it was possible to come back and leave shopping at the hotel or have a rest before going back to eat or wander around in the evening. The shuttle drivers were very accommodating and helpful and happy to drop you at other places if required.
Having said all this I will just have one little moan and this was that, on our first night there, as we were tired from an overnight flight and did not want to go down to the waterfront to eat on that day we decided that we would eat either in the bar or the main hotel restaurant. However, when we came down in the evening we found that the bar could not be used as it was full of people attending a conference and who were also eating in there afterwards so we could not therefore even have a pre-dinner drink as we intended.
We decided therefore (as we had no other option) to eat in the main restaurant as the menu looked good. Although there were very few in the restaurant when we went in it took a long time to get our starter and even longer to get our main course which would have been nicer had it been hot. We decided against a dessert as it was taking so long to be served. We did notice one couple who walked out as they had waited so long and not received anything and the four on the table next to us had finished 2 bottles of wine and also had not received their food when we left.
I know we should have said something at the time or even the following day but we had so much to do and the hotel and staff were otherwise excellent (and the poor waitress was doing her best to cope) it didn’t seem that important at the time. I just feel that to close the only bar to residents which also resulted in those in the restaurant suffering is something that should not happen and I hope these comments will be noted for future guests.
However, for us, this did not spoil our holiday or indeed our stay at this hotel but is the reason I have not given it a 5 star rating. The comfort, the breakfast and the staff were all excellent and I would happily stay here again and recommend the hotel to friends (in fact already have). We went away from here very relaxed and ready to start the remainder of the holiday.
So thanks to all of the staff who made the stay so enjoyable for us.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Michael W. Thank you for taking the time to provide us such an detailed review and feedback with regards to your stay. We truly appreciate the time you took to do so. It is always refreshing to read how small details contributed to such a wonderful stay. I am glad that you chose to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Warm Regards, Clinton Thom, General Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

The immediate comment about this hotel I have to mention is that I love the fact that they have established a program for hearing impaired people to join their team. It was incredible to see and really made me proud that I spent my money here!

The breakfast and wait staff were incredible! A big shout out to Zizipho who always went out of her way with kindness. Please send her my regards.

Only downside is that at check-in, the woman at reception was not overly welcoming or friendly and upon attempting to check out and pay bill early to avoid hassle the next morning, Wade on reception was a bit short and unfriendly.

Beyond that... great stay! And, kudos to your inclusive work program!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear stuckatseven. Thank you for the wonderful review, we appreciate your feedback. I will most definitely relay your compliments to Zizipho and the rest of the team that made your stay so great. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Warm Regards, Clinton Thom, General Manager

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Checked in for 4 nights. My companion has a neck problem and the bed was too soft. At 9pm and in no time staff brought a new king size bed that did the trick. Breakfasts excellent and included in price. Staff always kind and efficient - a real treat. Hotel situated 100 meters from Beach road and an easy drive to everywhere in Capetown. This is my 4th stay at the Vendome and never been disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear PaulPauwen. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback with regards to your stay. I am happy to hear that you a wonderful time and that our staff was able to assist you where need be, giving you the Yes I Can! service we strive for. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon again. Warm Regards, Clinton Thom, General Manager