“Taco Thursday - R90 special ”

El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #511 of 1 236 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Walk into a beautiful setting of Mariachi music softly playing in the background, and a wholesome smile as your waiter seats you at the perfect table overlooking the hustle and bustle of city life outside our big glass doors. You have the unique opportunity to watch as our excellent chefs prepare your delicious Mexican flavours, served on wooden boards adding to your sensational experience. Bring a few tequilas into the mix and you're on your way to an unforgettable mealtime experience!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Tacos are one of the wonders of the world!

I couldn’t have been more excited to see that El Mariachi introduced Taco Thursday. Always enjoy their mouth-watering tacos, the pull beef taco is my favorite! Now I can enjoy it every Thursday, with a shot of Jose gold tequila for only R90! Amazing deal, I’m taking every opportunity to indulge, I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Jodi M, Community manager at El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant & Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi there, thank you for the positive feedback. We will also be running a 2 for 1 special on the 27th this month in celebration of Freedom Day. You can check out the details on our Facebook page where you can vote on which meal you think should be included in the 2 for 1 promotion.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

It's hard to find a decent Mexican Restaurant in South Africa, but I found this place was worth the find. Their food is solid and it's worth going in there as the staff is nice and friendly to boot as well. If you like good food, it's worth a trip over to Seapoint to drop in and test out their menu. Cheers.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant looks very dodgy from the outside - it has a seedy looking gambling establishment attached to it. We visited the place for dinner on a Sunday early evening. We were the only people in the restaurant ( never a good sign). There was only one waitress, and despite us being the only patrons, we hardly saw the waitress. Service was slow but efficient.

I was looking forward to good Mexican food (based on other reviews that I read) but was disappointed. The food was acceptable but certainly not the best Mexican food I have eaten. I ordered the Spicy Mexican beef Burito - it was ok, but definitely not spicy.

There were many people collecting phone-in orders while we there - so I guess that they must be doing something right.

The price of the meal for 4 people was very reasonable. Not sure I would got there again....don’t think it’s worth the effort.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Went there tonight, it was the worst experience ever, came ordered a hot chocolate that was tasting like nothing, and then ordered a calamari frito stater. First it came it wasn't looking even like a calamari frito starter portion had a bite, it was chewy like a bubblegum then decided to get a tortilla dip that was better, later on when I was about to pay the bill saw that I was charged for the price of calamari frito main, the lady serving me called the manager, he came saying you should have tell us from the beggening we were not going to charge you, then I told I didn't want to be too complicate I was going to pay for it just I don't wanna pay for a main portion, he didn't even let me finish he left letting me with the waitress that told Sir you have to pay for it, I decided to pay for it and get out of there as fast as possible. On my way out I asked the waitress how can I get hold of the owner to let him know about this experience, she said I can't help you with that.
The service was slow in a empty place, the waitress rude with no elegance of a service provider, manager inexperienced and useless busy watching tv next door, how did they do to stay open for so long?!!!

No wonder I was the only guest in the entire restaurant

Reviewed 4 March 2017

I was meant to write a review for a while but kept slipping my mind. Now that I have eaten there again I can place my view. The menu has dwindled from the one I ordered from a while ago. Noe the less it stilled had my favorite the burrito. Despite the appearance of the building the food is surprisingly good. However one thing that was a let down was their service. The service is slow and non existence at times. Sometime the waiter would disappear and no be seen for a while. What I Have notice was there was only one waiter that had to look after the bar and the restaurant.(I could be wrong). So it could be under staffed. If it is that situation then it is understandable. However that is still no excuse for an establishment to offer non existence or bad service. Planning is everything. However I will return because the food is good and affordable.