Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$75
Expedia.comUS$75
PricelineUS$75
Orbitz.comUS$75
TravelocityUS$75
eDreamsUS$75
All reviews beautiful hotel six nights fantastic stay view of table mountain microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2020

I stayed six nights in Cape Town and was looking forward to spend my remaining three nights at a quite hotel outside the city. I liked the property photos online. In the morning I rented a car in the city and drove to the Mowbray property to drop off my luggage. Unfortunately I experienced some car mis-haps on the way. Miss Zilungile welcomed me at the Reception. She was very kind and showed empathy during my moment of distress with the damaged car. I asked if there is someone who is very familiar with cars as I wasn't sure what to do. Then I met Miss Maurren, Housekeeping Supervisor, with whom I discussed the tire damage. We both agreed it would be safest to exchange the car. Miss Zilungile helped me connect with the rental agency and I was going to the airport to get a new car. It was then, that Miss Maurren came with three of her team members, rug and spray in hand to remove the long black rubber mark I had on the white car as well. After a lot of rubbing, the car looked almost like new, if it weren't for the damaged tire. I was overwhelmed by the caring attitude of the employees. The room was absolutely lovely too, with a view of table mountain, but it was foremost the employees who made me feel very comfortable and at home. Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
PHMowbray, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear BirgitVF,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Mowbray through Trip Advisor.
We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

LINDSAY PALIWODA
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Mowbray
lindsay.paliwoda@proteahotels.com

Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

At first I was a bit hesitant on staying at this hotel, as it's outside of Cape Town in a suburb called Mowbray, but I'm so glad I chose it. It's a beautiful hotel with amazing staff like Adrianne. We spent most of our time in Cape Town outside of the city, and by staying here, we got to avoid so much of the traffic. I'd really recommend staying here!
Cape Town Mowbray

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Danyalf2016,

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray for your travels to Cape Town.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to serving you again soon!

LINDSAY PALIWODA
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Mowbray
lindsay.paliwoda@proteahotels.com

Reviewed 12 February 2020

The stay went pretty smoothly. Not much to say about the lovely property. Nightmare started after check-out. I'm Marriott Bonvoy Titanium. The stay hasn't posted. I first call the duty manager who told me she would fix the issue. Nothing done! Than I as of today wasted 75 minutes of my time on the phone with Marriott. They call the property. I'm suppose to receive my folio that I never received. Property is supposed to send me a simple email with my two missing stays. Nothing! Just wasting my time big time for something that could have been done smoothly after a 10 minute call to the Protea Mowbray! This is just not serious!

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank 73P-Alex
PHMowbray, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear 73P-Alex

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Mowbray and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future. We also take loyalty benefits very seriously and this will be investigated.

We wish to resolve your review as a matter of urgency, please forward us your contact details.

Lindsay Paliwoda
Lindsay.Paliwoda@proteahotels.com

Reviewed 22 December 2019

I traveled for a conference and I was booked by the organizers. The customer service was excellent. The rooms very comfortable and with several amenities - microwave, kettle, iron and board, refrigerator, etc The meals were excellent. The decor in the public spaces is homely and welcoming

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 8 December 2019 via mobile

After I went in to my room, I contacted reception because of chemical smell in room. The said they will move me, it took the 2 hours and 20 minutes to get room ready. When I asked for my money back, the offered me another room. One day later, I ordered room service. An hour later my poeding arrived and another half an hour later, my food arrived. Another day later, I arrived in my room, only to find out, some one went through all my belongings. Had pictures to prove it. Terrible experience.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
PHMowbray, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

Dear Inspire787111

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Protea Hotel Cape Town Mowbray and providing your honest feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring in the future. We also take security issues very seriously and this will be investigated.

Lindsay Paliwoda