All reviews wild fig fig tree restaurant reward points historical hotel separate tub and shower save water nice lounge stayed nights at this hotel easy access road noise main building egg station reception staff two night stay minute drive a lovely place to stay hotel is located
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We were offered water to drink when we arrived , but when my son asked for water to drink , he was charged R20 for the bottle .

Earlier , we were offered an umbrella to use in the rain . BUT were told that the deposit was R300!

With the plethora of hotels in Cape Town , I doubt if I will return

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is well situated close to the airport and a short drive to the Waterfront and the city centre. Very good for families, it has a small pool (cold when we were there because it was very windy), a trampoline and some other games for kids in the interior courtyard. Breakfast was good.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Milena K
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This hotel excelled from the moment we checked to our departure 4 days later, the suite we had was spacious and comfortable with its own lounge area and a small kitchen with microwave. The breakfast in the morning was well above average. I consider this hotel one of the best I have stayed in the last 10 years.

Room Tip: Choose a suite, it comes at a very reasonable price.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2017

We were aware that this was a Marriott Category 1 hotel but as we were traveling for 28 hours all we wanted was a clean place to sleep and breakfast in the morning. We were very pleasantly surprised with our lovely "apartment". Our rooms were very clean and our bed was very comfortable. Our Porter brought us to our room and showed us the amenities he was very professional.

We had an excellent breakfast buffet in the morning and we were very refreshed for our first African experience.

I would recommend the hotel as it is very peaceful in the heart of town and a good value.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I loved the rooms, the restaurant service was great. However, on arrival, i asked about the hotel to confirm I was at the right place. One of the front desk clerks said no. Am not sure if this was a prank or not. The following morning, on my way past the reception from breakfast, i was accosted by the front desk clerk who wanted to check if I owed money and if I was going to check out - her explanation was people often left without paying. In my 20 years of living abroad, I had never been treated like a potential criminal even in the whitest of European countries. To have this happen to me on African soil left a very sour taste in my mouth. I will definitely tell UCT not to place a visiting professor in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business