“Real Italian pizza...or close enough”
Review of Bocca

Bocca
Ranked #117 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We serve Neopolitan pizza and Modern Italian-inspired food in an informal contemporary space in the centre of Cape Town. From our hand-built pizza oven from Naples to the fresh pasta we serve each night, everything we do shows our love for food. Our menu is small but diverse and we encourage guests to order a number of dishes to share with the table. Pop in for a quick lunch or relax and let our team take care of you for an evening you'll remember
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Best thing about this place is that you can sit at a bar across the road that doesn't serve food and they'll deliver right to your bar table and even bring a credit card machine along. Done this a few times and it's always a winner. Pizzas are amazing, I've tried 4 varieties (on separate occasions :-)), and they were all equally mouthwatering. Oh, and service with a smile.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

I was underwhelmed my the moist pizzas, the charge for extra chili and parmesan , as well as the lack of caring from the staff.

Reviewed 12 January 2016

Last night my friend and I had a catch-up there. We chose Bocca as we had a great time there the last time we caught up and this place seems to be consistent.
My fave waitress Enya was on a day off-my bad luck however the waitress serving us who has served me before was great.
The Margarita pizza is my standard when there and of course the zuchinni fries.
Once again excellent quality and super delicous.
Thanks again to the team for a great experience.

2  Thank Sue4680
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Even though Bocca's menu isn't one of the biggest, it is a fun combination of dishes that includes something that everyone will like. Whether it's the very simple (but very yummi) spaghetti carbonara, the Commercial pizza (my favorite) or various tapas selection the lovely Bocca staff delivers quality.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

Nice friendly greeting and seated at a fairly comfortable table. Waitress was OK if a little offhand. We came for the promise of exceptional pizza and were sadly disappointed. The base was far too doughy and chewy, with no crispness or lightness. The expensive seafood topping was unintegrated and quite tasteless. The margherita pizza was better tasting but had same problem with the base. The side salad was ungenerous and bland. Sorry Bocca, the hype doesn't add up.