“Pick your own! ”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

Very large restaurant with a nice view of the water. The service was good and if you want steak or wine you can go and select your cut/bottle directly from the butcher or cellar yourself. Interesting experience with good steak.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank zoemarkowitz

Reviewed 16 March 2020 via mobile

It was a first time visit. As good as anything we’ve tasted. I had the 800g ribs and my friend the Cape Malay curry. Both were excellent. The free starter of boerewors was a real treat. Great evening views over the Atlantic added to the spectacle. Not cheap but a great experience.

1  Thank HippoInAction
Reviewed 25 February 2020

This superb restaurant allows you to choose your meat cuts from their own butcher shop and your wine fron their beautifully chilled cellar. Everything was perfection, the food, the service and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 February 2020

6 of us came to visit here as we always do when in Cape Town. Some of us being locals. we ordered our food and wine as reccommended by the waiter. We were asked to choose our own cuts of beef from the well stocked butchery inhouse. Basically to cut things short i asked the waiter the price of the Wagyu. I was told twice that it was about R1770 per kilo so i ordered a cut approx 250/300g ( Approx £25) The steak came out with a jacket potato as ordered and creamed spinach. The steak was nice but prefered the normal Fillet id have normally ordered. When we got the bill my steak was twice the price we had been informed. The waiter totally denied it after we had all heard ho#im say bluntly it was R1770. We were now told it was going to cost another £25. so basically £50 for the steak, which i definitely wouldnt have ordered and would have had the Fillet. Its a shame really as the manager just said sorry it was a mistake but didnt offer to rectify it even tho we had spent R4500 (£230) and we normally enjoyed going there but we most certainly will not be going back.

1  Thank nobby-alcudia
Novitzkas, General Manager at The Butcher Shop and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Hi There

We are sorry to hear about the pricing ordeal.
Can you please send an email to ryan@thebutchershop.co.za with some more details so that we may rectify this ASAP.

Reviewed 16 February 2020

The local for this restaurant is perfect. I was hungry at my visit to the cape town coast when I've seen this beautiful restaurant.
I thought! I would like to go to taste fish. I got my goal. After eating I it was feeling be happy because the fish was delicious.
Pretty Cool.