“Excellent food and service easily the BEST pizza place in town”

Borruso's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #356 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Borrusos pizza is by far the BEST pizza resteraunt I have ever been to. I would give it a 5 out of 5 but nothing's perfect but in this case it almost is. I myself have been going to borrusos since I was about 5 or 6 and ever since I have had excellent service and brilliant food. The pizzas are to DIE FOR, I'm dead serious. If you live in Cape Town this is defiantly worth checking out, Especialy if you're traveling. The desert was also fantastic. So Please take my word for it by checking this place out

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Prompt and friendly service, reasonable prices and great food which arrives on the table piping hot.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I regularly went to Borrusos about 12 years ago when I lived in the area (early 2000's). All the good things about it haven't changed - the same owner, the same warm friendly greeting (maybe even in the same dungarees), the tables are still scattered around randomly, the vibe is relaxed and chilled, the service is fast and friendly, you can go there for a quick meal (we ordered at 18:20 and were out at 19:00), or be made to feel totally at home while you linger longer drinking your own wine that you aren't charged corkage on.

The menu is long enough to cater for most needs, but not overwhelming. The wine selection is quite limited, but reasonably priced.

The pizzas were ok. And this is where I was disappointed. They are not any cheaper than other places (which used to be the case) and I remember them being much better - perhaps if the bases were 20-30% thinner and were cooked for an extra 3 minutes to make them much crispier I would have given a better rating.

However, the vibe is how a chilled out family/neighbourhood restaurant should be. It was quite fill by the time we left on a Monday evening - so it gets the business, which perhaps means we got a bad batch of pizzas. That's what I hope.

In about 2001 I went there with a few mates in their mid 20's. We joined two people who had eaten there, we brought in our wine bought next door at the 7/11. Despite not paying for anything we were treated to free shots by the owner. That's the awesome kind of place it was and i don't think that aspect of it has changed.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Brilliant company, brilliant service, brilliant wine, brilliant milkshakes, brilliant pizza, brilliant pasta and brilliant deserts. Highly recommend for a causal evening out with friends. Loved it!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

We have been to Barussos in Kenilworth on numerous occasions, and thoroughly enjoyed the thin based, tasty pizzas, as well as the atmosphere. We found the pizzas at Borruso's Plumstead to have a thick base and sweet tomato sauce. The restaurant was not full, but the table next to us got so loud and roudy, that we finished eating and left straight away. Don't think we will be back.

Review collected in partnership with The Entertainer