“Asami's, Cobble Walk in Durbanville”

Asami's Cobble Walk Durbanville
Ranked #389 of 1 294 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 12 December 2015

Asami's in Durbanville
My rating will definitely put Asami's in Durbanville as the top sushi restaurant in Cape Town and maybe in South Africa. Due to the popularity of this establishment, waiting for your seat at the “sushi belt” is a give even if you made a booking. The newly renovated extension does not realy sort the waiting problem but we order some wine to “shorten” the waiting period.
The well trained sushi chefs are very innovative and will assist with all your requirements. The choices are endless. The variety of different sushi delicacies available are continuously made to cater for all the customer’s needs.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

I have eaten at Asamis once and on many occasions spent an absolute fortune on take always which is fine, My gripe is on booking a table, I have often called for not a day before to book but never a table available , (hence the takeout) I called this place last night (Sunday)to book a table for dinner for a friends birthday dinner, for a table of 6 on Wednesday, to be told sorry we can only offer you 6pm or 8pm because we now do 2seatings.....so we will have to move you out of your seat for 7:45 to cater for the next seating!!!!!!! Are you kidding me.? You would rather lose a table of 6 than have us arrive at 7pm! Apparently food and enjoying your meal with friends no longer takes priority, it's all about getting bums on seats.......Asamis this will be your down fall I'm afraid....it's a birthday dinner we don't want to come at 6 we all work and 8pm is too late.....So on that note you will no longer be getting our support nor will we ever use you for take outs again

5  Thank natalie1wilson
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Wow Asami's grew! I can tell you why,,, great sushi, good quality, prices, service and atmosphere. Always a treat!

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Excellent food, beautifully prepared, clean, great service, great value, awesome atmosphere - will definitely be back - often!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I love sushi.nuf zed. And nowhere in Cape Town have I ever found a sushi restaurant with such innovative sushi chefs than at Asami's in Durbanville, especially at a moderate priced all you can eat buffet.The choices are endless , and they do not push the maki rolls etc unlike other places, the sashimi's (tuna and salmon) are fresh. My absolute favourite dish is the nigriri's The newly renovated extension include a larger sushi bar to seat 50, a restaurant area, bar lounge and teriyaki section. Guess where I am off to now!