“Nice,but...”
Review of Honest Chocolate

Honest Chocolate
More attraction details
Owner description: Honest Chocolate is a small artisanal chocolate company based in Cape Town, South Africa. All our chocolate is hand crafted in small batches using traditional, old school chocolate making methods, including hand tempering the chocolate on a granite slab tabletop and hand dipping each chocolate bonbon. The bonbons are then boxed up and the slabs individually wrapped using eco friendly paper. Most chocolate is made from roasted cacao, however we use organic, raw cacao, which is higher in antioxidants and therefore even better for you than regular dark chocolate. The cacao is ethically sourced from Ecuador. There are also no preservatives, additives or emulsifiers in our chocolate and it is free of dairy and processed sugar (instead of sugar we use Agave Nectar which has a very low GI).
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

The good
Good coffee
Banana bread 'bunny chow' was delicious
Nice decor
Efficient service

The not so good
Depending what your expectations are, this place could be great or a let down. If you're looking to buy chocolate, a quick cup of coffee or afternoon tea with cake/sweet treats then this place is great. This is not your normal coffee shop with a wider selection of eats or one you can relate to a meal like breakfast or lunch (unless your breakfast or lunch includes good dark chocolate).

Recommendation
I would try this place at least once just for their unique dish, the banana bread bunny chow. I can't think of any other place that serves this and it's quite nice.

Would I return
If by chance I need a cup of coffee while walking down Wale street, yes...or if I get a craving for that bunny chow :-)

1  Thank Nathanvr
in 2 reviews
"wale"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

If you love chocolate, you have to try this range of delicious sweets. We enjoyed it very much. For a sunny day there is a lovely patio to chill and and enjoy.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

As a local to Cape Town one has a lovely buffet of wonderful restaurants, deli's and cafe's to choose from to meet up with friends. Probably one of my favourite cafe's by far would be Honest on Wale Street in central Cape Town.

Not only do they serve a decent hot chocolate but their chocolate tarts are to die for. My personal favourite their buckwheat vegan chocolate tart. Honestly so tasty!

The staff is super friendly. The chocolate bar is stunning. The atmosphere so welcoming and I love it that they open on Sundays.

1  Thank Sharne B
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

We visited this place as a stop on our organized city tour.
We tried the banana bread bunny chow which came with ice cream and a generous layer of dark chocolate, that was delicious.
I paired it with the "coconut dream" drink which turned out to be richer than I had expected so retrospectively, I had better chosen for either of the above without the other. But that's personal preferance.
Both products were of high quality and made with passion.
Nice sitting in the patio.