“Simply delicious”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food served at this place is simply delicious. Portion sizes are generous. The menu offers good variety. Ambience could be better. The staff is very hospitable and courteous.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Punjab on Wednesday night and were disappointed. We have eaten there before and had a great meal. The 3 Rogan Gosht were flavorful and enjoyed. They were R140 each. I had the Kadhai prawn which had possibly 3 of the tiniest prawns I have ever seen. The sauce was very nice but to pay R160 for a prawn sauce is unacceptable. I did tell the waiter who said he would call the manager who never arrived. When we left the waiter asked if I had seen the manager and when I said no he suddenly appeared. He wanted my name and phone number. I declined as I won’t easily be back.The place was full and the staff were unable to cope. We had to call the waiter to order and every time we needed him. This was not his fault as he was clearly run of his feet. There were a lot of takeaways which seemed to take preference over the dinners in the restaurant. We also waited a long time for our food.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We had dinner at Punjab, Westlake, last Friday night. The food was excellent and the waiter knowledgeable and helpful. The restaurant was full and the atmosphere very vibey. My only criticism was that I felt the restaurant could have hired more waiters - the three I saw were rushed off their feet with a full restaurant - especially as the restaurant seems most busy during 7 - 8 o'clock. I had a medium chicken curry and my husband the lamb (also medium) which was quite hot and he was given some yoghurt to tone it down but mine was just right (medium). I wish it was closer to home as I would go there a lot more often - the food is excellent. For two curries, naan bread and corkage the bill was R300 which we thought was excellent value - the helpings were just right.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, friendly staff. This is a must visit in the southern suburbs. We've always had takeaways, but the restaurant has a fantastic vibe.

1  Thank Steven W
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Punjabi cuisine is rare in South Africa and this unpretentious restaurant offers a taste explosion at reasonable prices. Vegetarian or vegan mains are about R75-R80. Not sure how much the seafood and meat dishes were, but the fussy meat eater in our party was highly satisfied. The drinks and desserts are also extremely interesting - and tasty. We had a cardamom flavoured halva made from carrot, which came with vanilla pod ice cream, and a baked yoghurt with a mango jus topping, and the very thick and creamy yoghurt is made by them. The decorations are fun, showing contemporary Punjabi style, colours and ads.

1  Thank MichelleBigIdeas