Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
from US$2 732,56
More Info
from US$1 961,84
More Info
All reviews okavango delta vic falls amazing wildlife fellow tourists felt safe at all times amazing trip great company driver africa gorillas continent accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2019

I had the most incredible time overland trucking with Acacia Africa. The tents are easy if you aren’t accommodated, the food cooked by our wonderful tour leader Joe was phenomenal and our driver Phillip was just the funniest guy ever. I did a 34 day tour from Zanzibar to Livingstone, which I loved. There’s lots of great activities to do along the way, and while you do spend some long periods on the truck there are two tables and you’re able to do lots with those you travel with such as cards, chess, games. There’s also a speaker on the truck that we were all able to listen to music here and there on. I never minded the long trips, and it was great meeting so many wonderful people along the way whom I will miss dearly. There is an age limit as well which I liked, being young I wanted to be with others who were also “younger” as well. Each group I travelled with had a range of 19-39 and we all got along so well. I personally highly recommend travelling with Acacia Africa if you’re looking for a tour to go with.

Date of experience: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Dear Trail585103 - Thank you for your AMAZING review. We're thrilled to hear Joe and Phillip made your trip such a memorable one and that you and your fellow travellers became such good friends. Hope to see you back in Africa soon! Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 18 January 2019

Brilliant experience with various optional extras and experiences. We got to see the big five within a week of the adventure and everything there on was a blessing!

Date of experience: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
MichelleL7269, Sales and Marketing at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

Dear Tasha, Thank you for sending your amazing review! We are really happy to hear you had such a wonderful tour with Acacia. We hope to see you again for another adventure in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2019

The best guide&chef, perfect organised trip full of adventures, unique places visited- close to animals during safari, fabulous Spitzkoppe with the most beautiful sunset, breathtaking canyon, famous dunes&dead vlei. Love Namibia thanks to Acacia.

Date of experience: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2019

Dear Siska1312 - thank you for your kind words and review. We are so pleased to see that your trip with Acacia to Namibia was a good one and that your lasting memories will be of the amazing sights, and awesome experiences had. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2018 via mobile

First of all I would like to say that the booking procedure was fast and easy, also the reminder received beforehand about things to keep in mind was a very helpful thing.
Unfortunately the Tour itself went completely wrong (and it was not the first time we did an organized tour). After having lots of email discussions with Acacia, but not having received any helpful replies, I would just like to present our experience in this tour here:
We booked an 11 day guided Camping Trip from Durban to Cape Town, joining the tour that had started some time ago in cape town, going to victoria falls, johannesburg, Krüger Nationalpark, etc.
Our guide was not supposed to be on that tour, but had to guide it as the originally planned guide for the tour could not do it. It was the first time for him to do this particular tour, so there was no experience / he was not familiar with the itinerary / places / timings.
Timings were done poorly (first you have to order food, suddenly we run out of time so order has to be changed for takeaway but then you have time to eat superfast but have to wait for the bus to be ready...)
People skills were not there, every individual in the group was treated the same no matter which age or background - people helping a lot would have to listen about his complaints about people not helping but he would never address this complaints to the corresponding people.

Arriving and leaving places was annoying for everybody as he would get extremely stressed (and would just shout commandos around).

Most if the time our guide was busy with his mobile phone - we actually did not find out so much about places we visited or animals we saw.

In case somebody had a complaint he would take it personal instead of listening - even if it was the entire group and would ignore you for the rest of the trip.

For 13 people we would have 4 different itineraries with different food plans - what caused discussions. We ended up paying for dinner that actually was included in the plan.

Foodwise...there were in total 3 days of good dinner.
Lunch was 80 percent do-your-own-sandwiches with unhealthy bread, grinded cheese and ingredients you would not buy at home.

In the end the tour was not a guided tour - it was a transport from A to B being organized and (unfortunately not good quality-) food being provided.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank LILY M
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Dear DavidLily,

Thank you for the additional feedback following our email correspondence earlier in the month. Once again, I am sorry you were disappointed with your tour and I assure you that your emails were read and taken seriously by our senior team. Justin is experienced in southern Africa (4+ years) with an excellent client record, and was called in at short notice to replace the original leader who had fallen ill. Crew are given training, back-up and briefings for a range of routes so they can step in at short notice if required, and so while it was a new itinerary for Justin, he had the experience and information to run the tour normally, or to make minor alterations if needed. Feedback has helped us identify where improvements can be made to make the trip better in the future – which is something we like to be open about and which again I thank you for. Actually the 12-day trip is one of our fastest growing trips, combining well with several of our longer overland camping trips in other areas of east and southern Africa. Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 14 December 2018

I found the trip covered a lot of great areas and does all of the key spots that you would want to go on however I would say that not all the activities are as you would expect when you get their e.g. they arrive later to the Dune 45 then they imply to save costs on accommodation and the Etosha park you need to get your own game drive if you really want to see the good stuff as the local guides are professional and know where everything else is.

I would say that the how good it is also luck of the draw on tour guides, I found that I had one amazing tour guide (eva) and one terrible one and it actually affected part of the tour really negatively.

Date of experience: December 2018
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

Dear Rosalind,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following your recent Acacia tour. We have also seen your Guestrevu feedback and the handed in questionnaire. We are grateful for you making these comments and thank you for bringing matters to our notice. I can assure you that we take a great deal of time to ensure tours operate properly with itinerary highlights all seen or visited and so are disappointed if any part of the trip does not live up to what our clients expect. I hope I can clear up a couple of potential misunderstandings though. In Etosha we use the truck because of the height advantage it gives over flatter landscape and lower vegetation unlike in Chobe and Kruger (and in East Africa) where the nature of the parks is different and our supplier-partners provide a highly professional service using 4WD safari vehicles (as you experienced earlier in the tour). However there is nothing to stop clients at Etosha booking additional gamedrives locally and I am pleased you felt that was worthwhile. At Sesriem we stay outside the park, visit Dune 45 before breakfast and then proceed along the 4WD track to Deadvlei. Staying outside saves slightly on costs but the main reason is the lack of accommodation at the campsite and to even out driving times between Swakopmund and the Fish River Canyon. In regard to the second tour leader we have taken note of what you have said in other feedback and are looking into any irregularities. Finally, we cannot end this short reply without mentioning your very kind words about Eva. She is relatively new to Acacia, having come to us after travelling as an Acacia passenger. She will be delighted at your comments and very encouraged by the positive feedback. Thank you.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to post your comments. Regards, Sabine