Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

from US$2 715,91
More Info
from US$1 949,88
More Info
All reviews okavango delta vic falls amazing wildlife fellow tourists felt safe at all times amazing trip great company driver africa gorillas continent accommodations
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 December 2018

I found the trip covered a lot of great areas and does all of the key spots that you would want to go on however I would say that not all the activities are as you would expect when you get their e.g. they arrive later to the Dune 45 then they imply to save costs on accommodation and the Etosha park you need to get your own game drive if you really want to see the good stuff as the local guides are professional and know where everything else is.

I would say that the how good it is also luck of the draw on tour guides, I found that I had one amazing tour guide (eva) and one terrible one and it actually affected part of the tour really negatively.

Date of experience: December 2018
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2018

Dear Rosalind,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following your recent Acacia tour. We have also seen your Guestrevu feedback and the handed in questionnaire. We are grateful for you making these comments and thank you for bringing matters to our notice. I can assure you that we take a great deal of time to ensure tours operate properly with itinerary highlights all seen or visited and so are disappointed if any part of the trip does not live up to what our clients expect. I hope I can clear up a couple of potential misunderstandings though. In Etosha we use the truck because of the height advantage it gives over flatter landscape and lower vegetation unlike in Chobe and Kruger (and in East Africa) where the nature of the parks is different and our supplier-partners provide a highly professional service using 4WD safari vehicles (as you experienced earlier in the tour). However there is nothing to stop clients at Etosha booking additional gamedrives locally and I am pleased you felt that was worthwhile. At Sesriem we stay outside the park, visit Dune 45 before breakfast and then proceed along the 4WD track to Deadvlei. Staying outside saves slightly on costs but the main reason is the lack of accommodation at the campsite and to even out driving times between Swakopmund and the Fish River Canyon. In regard to the second tour leader we have taken note of what you have said in other feedback and are looking into any irregularities. Finally, we cannot end this short reply without mentioning your very kind words about Eva. She is relatively new to Acacia, having come to us after travelling as an Acacia passenger. She will be delighted at your comments and very encouraged by the positive feedback. Thank you.

Once again, thank you again for taking the time to post your comments. Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 26 November 2018

I just got back from the Desert and Delta Express Northbound (12-day) route and I am happy with the tour overall. I enjoyed the camping and the tents and campsites were all good. You also could upgrade at most places if you ever needed. Breakfast/lunch was very basic and got a bit redundant (cereal/toast/sandwiches), but dinners were delicious usually something grilled at the campsite! We did make plenty of stops to restock on water and snacks. This was a participation tour, and we all rotated jobs between packing the truck, cleaning the truck, washing up, and cooking. I liked pitching in, but of course you have those that don't. Keep in mind this is an overland tour so you will have long days in the truck (with no a/c), and you just have the bare minimums! We did a lot of game drives and saw plenty of animals! This was always fun, but you also must have patience in the hot sun! Our group had 15 people and good mix of 20-somethings. A few couples, but mostly solo travelers. Also with this company, people are coming and going depending one their route, so you may or may not be with the same people the whole time. On my particular tour, I joined a group from Cape Town that had been together a week. The highlight for me was ending in Victoria Falls and whitewater rafting on the Zambezi. This has been on my list for quite a while and it did not disappoint! Highly recommend! Overall, the tour went as planned for a budget-friendly tour and I would recommend as long as you know what you are getting yourself into!

Date of experience: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Dear Courtyard44 - Thank you for your comments on your recent Acacia overland tour. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the trip and all the aspects that make overland travel in Africa so unique. We hope to see you on our East African or South Africa tour again in future. Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 14 November 2018

We've been in 2 months Overland trough Africa; started from Nairobi, went trough Uganda, from east to west and than all the way down to Cape town. It's Been AMAZIN, even because our crew (Pete & Francis highly reccomended).

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank pietropaolor978
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Dear Pietro - it's always lovely to hear that our crew and wonderful continent were able to give you lasting memories. We'll be sure to let Pete & Francis know how much you enjoyed your Ultimate African Overlander!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I went through Acasia Africa to do an Africa Insight, the tour lasted a week and was jam packed with good times!

Date of experience: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Oliverlord31 - thanks for taking the time to post your review and glad to hear you had such good times ;). Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 14 October 2018

This was an amazing experience, exploring Botswana with a great group of 10 people for 7 days. We had some fantastic moments, watching the elephants cross the river in Chobe, seeing the milky way and the planets in the crystal clear Okavango night sky, watching the giraffes in the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, seeing bush babys scamper down the trees at one of the lodges, doing the flight over the Okvango delta, playing volleyball with the group at Maun, and much more. There was a lot of driving, some of it on pretty bumpy roads, and some of the accommodation is pretty basic, but its all worth it for the amazing things you see the brilliant people you meet and the memories you make. Also the bus was actually very spacious and air conditioned, and our guides Simon and Servius were very knowledgeable, incredible helpful and professional, both of which helped enormously to make the experience so good.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank stu2303
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Stuart - Botswana truly is such a magical place and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your trip there. We'll pass your compliments on to Simon & Servius and hope to see you in Africa again soon! Regards, Sabine