Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Acacia Africa tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
from US$1 117,30
from US$2 000,50
from US$1 866,70
More Info
All reviews okavango delta victoria falls optional activities long driving small group long days chobe national park blyde canyon gweta lodge camping safari white rhino our tour guide life changing experience other companies an adventure game drives an unforgettable experience
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was my first tour with Acacia, but maybe not the last one. I did the tour from Livingstone to Swakopmund and really liked the set of the tour: it was a combination of a lot of different experiences: Vic Falls, Safaris, Okavango Delta and then the desert in Namibia. Our driver and guide were both very professional, enthusiastic, but also funny and we all had a great time. I can highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Theresa12398765 - thank you for sharing your comments on your recent tour with us. We are thrilled to hear your Desert & Delta Express tour exceeded your expectations and that the crew were able to share their love of Africa with you. We look forward to welcoming you back! Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you have any hesitation, just book it. It's great value for your money, and if your trip is anything like ours, you'll see incredible things, spend time with wonderful people, and learn lots from some of the best guides your could ever ask for. Special shout out to Jack (Moyenda) and Masai (Paul) our guides from Cape Town to Livingstone, who made living in tents and riding a big truck with 22 people some of the best times we've had. Don't worry about it being a participation tour--that really just means you'll help pack up the chairs from around the campfire, might cut up some vegetables, and will take a few turns cleaning some of the cookware. If you're not uniquely lazy, you'll probably even enjoy the few assigned tasks which help bond the group--especially the dance of the dishes.

A few tips: pack light (you don't need that many sets of clothes), bring warm clothes for the chilly nights if you're there in winter (the right clothes and a good blanket make all the difference), buy yourself a good pillow when you arrive (you can donate it at the end), plan to do some of the optional activities (almost all of them were worth it), and keep in mind that you'll see some incredible places that you'll certainly feel the need to come back to for a longer stay. Also, the food is incredible, so don't worry about that. Plus, the toilets, showers, and wifi were generally clean, hot, and working adequately where that was advertised.

1  Thank Lisa J
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lisa J
Thank you for taking the time to write about your Ocean to Ocean overland tour with Acacia. It's awesome to hear you had such a great time getting to know your fellow passengers and seeing the highlights of Southern Africa along the way. We'll pass your compliments on to Moyenda and Paul too as I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear they made your tour so memorable. We hope to see you come back soon!
Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 25 August 2018

"I just travelled through East Africa with Acacia Adventures and it’s been one of the best trips of my life. The guides throughout the trip were fantastic, being both hospitable and knowledgeable. The truck was spacious and comfortable and the lockers at the back for our bags were super convenient. The tents were easy to put up and pack up. The food was AMAZING! I never expected to put on weight on this trip but it definitely happened haha. I still can’t believe how Sam and Crispin managed to produce such amazing food while camping.
As far as the itinerary goes, we got to see all the hot spots with some unexpected additions. For those going to see the Gorilla’s, the Chimpanzee trekking was an addition that I didn’t expect to be a highlight, but it went so far above and beyond my expectations. It was one of the most moving experiences and I loved every moment I spent in the jungle with them. The accommodation in Zanzibar was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely travel with Acacia again, this trip was the best way to spend six weeks and Africa was the adventure of a lifetime."

Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Steph B - thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Acacia. We'll be sure to pass your compliments on to Crispen & Sam and look forward to seeing you back in Africa again. Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 16 August 2018

We visited nice places. really friendly people and guides. An adventure that we will never forget.I can really recommend to trade with Acacia!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your review Jelte31 - we hope to see you travel with us again

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I had a fantastic time on this accommodated Cape Desert Safari Tour. It was perfectly organised. All the accommodation was great. We also slept 2 nights in a tent, which was easy to put up. The truck we used was perfect for this kind of trip. It fits 26 people but we were with 10 (included driver and guide) so we had plenty of room. These trucks are comfortable for the unpaved roads of Namibia.
It had a freezer, cool boxes so we could keep our drinks and food cold. With the big windows you have a perfect view and this combined with the hight of the truck makes it excellent to go on game drives.
You will spend a lot of time on the truck but you will pass through the most beautifull and varied landscapes.
Seeing the wild animals in their natural habitat is fantastic.
Being from Belgium tto much light pollution), I had never seen such a beautifull sky full of stars.
Our driver (Khumbu) and guide (Philile) were amazing. They did everything to give us a good time. The meals they prepared were outstanding. Never had better meals during an overland like this.
They clearly know what they where doing, are very professional, gave us lots of information.

The optional activities on this trip were great as well and of good value.

I can definitely recommand this trip and company for your trips to Africa.

1  Thank wernervanvlasselaer
Arno D, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Werner

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip with us and we are glad you enjoyed the Cape Desert Safari Accommodated tour. It's always great to hear that our crew were able to show you how special this part of Africa is and that you enjoyed the facilities in Namibia and South Africa en-route.

We shall pass on your compliments to your Acacia tour crew - Khumbu and Philile.

Kind regards,
The Acacia Team

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The main problems I had with this tour was our guide and the issues at the national parks. It just seemed like the itinerary made it seem like you had more game drive time than we actually got. This is the main reason I came and spent so much money, to see the animals. when 1400 of my 2800 dollar tour was just to see the national parks, I felt like we were cheated out of time there. out of the five game drives that were on the itinerary, only one was even close to a full day. the tour was good at getting us out early in the morning, but would frequently make us go back early in the day. the itinerary only had one masai village on the tour, yet we went to two, an extra one that was outside the masai mara. this cut that day shorter, it was supposed to be a full day in the park, yet we had to leave to be at the masai village. i would have rather had more time at the park than go to two masai villages, especially as this wasn't on the itinerary. the first day at the masai mara, we ended up only having about two hours on our first game drive and on the way back for dinner we heard there was a leopard off the side of the road... this was the one thing I wanted to see and it is rare to see anyway...we told the driver that another car saw a leopard and he acted very annoyed and said

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Arno D, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Cherstie,

Thank you for your post following your recent tour with Acacia.

Precise timings for gamedrives depend on various factors - such as where in the park viewings have been successful in preceding days - but two hours on the first afternoon after arriving from Nairobi sounds normal, and for the 2nd day, two shorter drives – morning and afternoon - often preferable because it maximises the likelihood of sightings when it’s cool and animals are more active. In each case vehicles must be outside the reserve by 6pm.

In regard to the Maasai villages, our scheduled visit is to a village near Arusha in Tanzania but in Kenya we will stop outside the Mara if members of the group request.

Your message was cut off but if you wish to email us with your feedback I’d be pleased to investigate anything arising from your trip. Please send to info@acacia-africa.com

Kind regards