Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Acacia Africa tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Acacia Africa
from US$1 915,70
from US$1 070,00
from US$1 070,00
More Info
All reviews okavango delta optional activities vic falls tour leader long days small group long driving chobe national park game drives blyde canyon gweta lodge camping safari white rhino life changing experience day tour wild animals their natural habitat
Reviewed 4 days ago

I found the trip covered a lot of great areas and does all of the key spots that you would want to go on however I would say that not all the activities are as you would expect when you get their e.g. they arrive later to the Dune 45 then they imply to save costs on accommodation and the Etosha park you need to get your own game drive if you really want to see the good stuff as the local guides are professional and know where everything else is.

I would say that the how good it is also luck of the draw on tour guides, I found that I had one amazing tour guide (eva) and one terrible one and it actually affected part of the tour really negatively.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just got back from the Desert and Delta Express Northbound (12-day) route and I am happy with the tour overall. I enjoyed the camping and the tents and campsites were all good. You also could upgrade at most places if you ever needed. Breakfast/lunch was very basic and got a bit redundant (cereal/toast/sandwiches), but dinners were delicious usually something grilled at the campsite! We did make plenty of stops to restock on water and snacks. This was a participation tour, and we all rotated jobs between packing the truck, cleaning the truck, washing up, and cooking. I liked pitching in, but of course you have those that don't. Keep in mind this is an overland tour so you will have long days in the truck (with no a/c), and you just have the bare minimums! We did a lot of game drives and saw plenty of animals! This was always fun, but you also must have patience in the hot sun! Our group had 15 people and good mix of 20-somethings. A few couples, but mostly solo travelers. Also with this company, people are coming and going depending one their route, so you may or may not be with the same people the whole time. On my particular tour, I joined a group from Cape Town that had been together a week. The highlight for me was ending in Victoria Falls and whitewater rafting on the Zambezi. This has been on my list for quite a while and it did not disappoint! Highly recommend! Overall, the tour went as planned for a budget-friendly tour and I would recommend as long as you know what you are getting yourself into!

Date of experience: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Courtyard44 - Thank you for your comments on your recent Acacia overland tour. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the trip and all the aspects that make overland travel in Africa so unique. We hope to see you on our East African or South Africa tour again in future. Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We've been in 2 months Overland trough Africa; started from Nairobi, went trough Uganda, from east to west and than all the way down to Cape town. It's Been AMAZIN, even because our crew (Pete & Francis highly reccomended).

Date of experience: September 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pietro - it's always lovely to hear that our crew and wonderful continent were able to give you lasting memories. We'll be sure to let Pete & Francis know how much you enjoyed your Ultimate African Overlander!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I went through Acasia Africa to do an Africa Insight, the tour lasted a week and was jam packed with good times!

Date of experience: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Hi Oliverlord31 - thanks for taking the time to post your review and glad to hear you had such good times ;). Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 2 October 2018

It was my first tour with Acacia, but maybe not the last one. I did the tour from Livingstone to Swakopmund and really liked the set of the tour: it was a combination of a lot of different experiences: Vic Falls, Safaris, Okavango Delta and then the desert in Namibia. Our driver and guide were both very professional, enthusiastic, but also funny and we all had a great time. I can highly recommend it!

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Theresa12398765 - thank you for sharing your comments on your recent tour with us. We are thrilled to hear your Desert & Delta Express tour exceeded your expectations and that the crew were able to share their love of Africa with you. We look forward to welcoming you back! Regards, Sabine

Reviewed 14 September 2018

If you have any hesitation, just book it. It's great value for your money, and if your trip is anything like ours, you'll see incredible things, spend time with wonderful people, and learn lots from some of the best guides your could ever ask for. Special shout out to Jack (Moyenda) and Masai (Paul) our guides from Cape Town to Livingstone, who made living in tents and riding a big truck with 22 people some of the best times we've had. Don't worry about it being a participation tour--that really just means you'll help pack up the chairs from around the campfire, might cut up some vegetables, and will take a few turns cleaning some of the cookware. If you're not uniquely lazy, you'll probably even enjoy the few assigned tasks which help bond the group--especially the dance of the dishes.

A few tips: pack light (you don't need that many sets of clothes), bring warm clothes for the chilly nights if you're there in winter (the right clothes and a good blanket make all the difference), buy yourself a good pillow when you arrive (you can donate it at the end), plan to do some of the optional activities (almost all of them were worth it), and keep in mind that you'll see some incredible places that you'll certainly feel the need to come back to for a longer stay. Also, the food is incredible, so don't worry about that. Plus, the toilets, showers, and wifi were generally clean, hot, and working adequately where that was advertised.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank Lisa J
Sabine_Acacia, Manager at Acacia Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Lisa J
Thank you for taking the time to write about your Ocean to Ocean overland tour with Acacia. It's awesome to hear you had such a great time getting to know your fellow passengers and seeing the highlights of Southern Africa along the way. We'll pass your compliments on to Moyenda and Paul too as I'm sure they'll be delighted to hear they made your tour so memorable. We hope to see you come back soon!
Regards, Sabine