“Lovely oysters”

Seelan Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #141 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Seelan, you are treated to a relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere that brings a slice of the Mediterranean to the Cape coast. The restaurant is inspired by the languid dining style of the South of France and recreates the joie de vivre (joy of life) of popular French restaurants. Guests can relax in contemporary décor and enjoy sweeping views of the V&A Waterfront. The restaurant exudes a natural air of charm, reflecting the harbour in front of which it is situated. The menu is inspired by the flavours of Europe and features a wide variety of authentic cuisine alongside an outstanding wine menu, including Seelan’s very own house wine, which is made locally.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Having just come off a helicopter flight over Capetown we were walking to the Waterfront and came across Seelan restaurant. What a lovely setting to watch the world go by and take in our experience. My oysters were delicious and my wife’s small seafood salad was more than enough for lunch. Our waiter Raj was very attentive and very knowledgeable about wines. A lovely experience to complete the day.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Seelan has got one of the nicest spots at the V&A Waterfront, beautiful view & close to where the leisure yachts depart from.... but unfortunately we will not return to their restaurant. We took special guest to dinner and was so dissapointed with the ambiance and the general condition of the restaurant. Going to the bathroom was so embarrassing having to pass dustbins, floor mops and garbage to get to the door. The food was average and not worth the money.... what a pitty as I always wanted to visit them.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve heard such rave reviews about Seelan and I finally had time to dine there. I have to say though that I was mildly disappointed, don’t get me wrong. The food was great, the atmosphere was okay. However in comparison to the other offerings within the V&A I feel like Seelan should up their game a little bit. As guests you are spoilt for choice at the V&A and greater Cape Town and with the addition of so many new dining institutions I feel like Seelan has let itself go a little bit.

The food didn’t blow my mind and the service was rushed, I almost got the feeling that the waiter wanted to get us out as soon as he could.

It’s definitely lost it’s sparkle.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Situated right next to the dock where boats depart for Robben Island it's a quieter location than in the main Waterfront complex. We were seated quickly and the friendly staff were on hand to help with menu or wine choices. The food was excellent especially the duck dish which I cannot recommend enough

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Seelan restaurant was our first night choice for dinner and My oh My!! It didn't disappoint. My Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals as well as the excellent service. The duck dish was delicious. We will highly recommend and hoping to return when on holiday again.