“Delicious sushi and friendly staff in a cute little restaurant”
Review of Izakaya Matsuri

Izakaya Matsuri
Ranked #81 of 1 223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I was craving seafood so I came here on my own to try it out and I wasn't disappointed. The staff were really friendly and helpful and I was impressed with the dishes I had. I chose the calamari starter which was fried with mayo and then I had a combo of sushi including seared tuna (delicious!) and prawns. The place is small and lit nicely so it feels cosy. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Nicola C

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Very good sushi! Interesting menu. Loved everything we had. Highly recommended! Will definitely be back soon.

2  Thank Annelies D
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous, delicious food !
Excellent, friendly service in an unpretentious setting
Lovely background music
We are regulars and every time we come we have a lovely experience

2  Thank Teresa R
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This is one of those typical Cape Town "blink and you miss it" little restaurants, hidden in a little alley. It's really small, so booking a table is essential.It was a cold evening, so we started with miso soup, which hit the spot perfectly. I got stuck trying to make my way through the starters (they call themselves a Japanese sushi and tapas restaurant, and it makes sense), so I had a few, culminating in the spicy tuna sashimi. Everything was amazing. If you enjoy sushi, and Japanese cuisine in general, this is definitely a place to try. I will definitely make a point of returning when next I am in Cape Town.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

A wonderfully cozy atmosphere coupled with excellent service, delicious food, an impressive wine selection and great company - the perfect combination for a celebratory lunch with friends! From steamed edamame beans with sea salt to sushi platters, compliments to the brilliant chef! We'll be back in no time...